View Poll Results: Can X-23 maintain good sales when we get an X-23 ongoing solo?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definitely, X-23 gained a lot of fans as Wolverine & also d movie

35 77.78%
  • No, she will not be able to cos she's not Wolverine anymore

5 11.11%
  • Maybe, lasting at least 15 -18 issues

5 11.11%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Can X-23 maintain good sales when we get an X-23 ongoing solo?

Let's admit the fact that the X-23 as the all new Wolverine is doing pretty well in sales because well, she's taking James Howlett's title as the new Wolverine. But once the original Wolverine returns, X-23 could be given another ongoing solo with her name "X-23" as the comic title. Will her gig as the all-new Wolverine help her maintain her sales as she gets an ongoing solo not as "Wolverine" but as "X-23"?

there are two Hawkeye's there can be two Wolverines I suppose? Besides "Logan" was a popular movie, Laura's future is quite secure.

She's known as X-23 in the movie so in this case, I think either name will work.

Both ANW and OML are doing well sales-wise, anyway. It's not like in CA: Sam Wilson where sales dropped significantly after CA: Steve Rogers was released.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Based on recent events, it would be problematic to go back to X-23. My guess is they'd stick with their recent "have their cake and eat it too." attitude and just have 2 Wolverines.

It would sell more than a Storm solo.

After Logan, I'd say Laura has a pretty decent future no matter what her name is.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Shots fired! Shots fired!

Anyway, I think she'd do just fine even if they were to return to the X-23 title.

Astonishing Member

It wouldn't sell as much abouth 10000 to 15000 less then if she used wolverines name. But the'll never go back to calling her X-23, if she had to give up on being wolverine then she should use talion or ronin.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rui no onna View Post
    She's known as X-23 in the movie so in this case, I think either name will work.

Both ANW and OML are doing well sales-wise, anyway. It's not like in CA: Sam Wilson where sales dropped significantly after CA: Steve Rogers was released.
    No she wasn't aside from a small easter egg they called her Laura for the entirety of the movie.
    And besides I'd rather her not be X23 considering a majority of her character arc is moving beyond that.

I think people that know the character will follow her regardless of what the cover says her name is.

Quote Originally Posted by TitanMax View Post
    No she wasn't aside from a small easter egg they called her Laura for the entirety of the movie.
    Ah. True. I guess I'm projecting since I know her as X-23 via X-Men: Evolution.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

That was her debut, and she was only in two episodes. Perhaps if it had got a fifth season, the name Laura Kinney would've been mentioned there.

Who says 616 Logan is ever coming back? Let her keep the codename I say. Drop the "All New" from her title and just call the book "Wolverine". I'd also drop the "Old Man" from Logan's book and just call it "Logan." Like the movie.

My $.02.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    But the competition may be close if and only if Storm becomes the new Thor.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Laura would be fine as X23 or Wolverine. if true logan does come back id be fine if they both were Wolverine
    X-Men Forever