Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default I'll see you again in 25 years - David Lynch's Twin Peaks is back on time

The four first parts of the new Twin Peaks series have been aired this week end, and some of them will be screened this week at the Festival de Cannes.

All the episodes are directed by Lynch himself and the series looks so far to be like his artistic testimony, with references to some of his other works (a bit of Mullholand Drive, of Wild at Heart too). The story is crazier than ever and also still truly hermetic, with an artistic direction which let us think that this series will be a 18 hours long piece of contemporary art under the disguise of a TV Show. Really radical...

So, do any member of this forum is as impatient than I am? As impressed too so far if you have seen it?

Or lost/scared/disappointed? Does it fit your expectations? Or your memories of the original series? (If you tried the 2017 series but never saw the first one, I am really curious to read your reactions btw...)

Did you cry of emotion and happiness?

A bit of the soundtrack to put you in the mood (no images from the series in the clip)...

Last edited by Abe; 05-24-2017 at 10:02 PM.

I thought it was Amazing
    Completely shredded my expectations

BANNED

I am still debating with myself if I should just start watching, or wait and binge them.

Quote Originally Posted by Stony View Post

I thought it was Amazing
    Completely shredded my expectations
    Love your avatar, Stony...

Last edited by Abe; 05-27-2017 at 10:12 AM.

Spectacular Member

I loved every second of it. My friend said it best that its Lynch Unchained. That is probably the best way to go to start. By episode 4, it felt like Twin Peaks with a new quirky character in Waldo Brando and having the old cast get a majority of the screen time. I can't wait for episode 5. I truly believe if you binge watch this, you will have lost 30lbs and be addicted to opioids.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I am still debating with myself if I should just start watching, or wait and binge them.
    Well... I think that if you wait and binge watch them all at once it could be just too much... I mean... you should take care of you health! Strong stuff! Very strong!

If you start watching them one by one, you will be haunted by the series for a few months... Not bad at all!

I have personally decided to watch every episode when it is aired - and after that bing watch all of them (I mean all of them each time a new one is aired).

Binge watching of the four firsts scheduled this week-end!
    Last edited by Abe; 05-27-2017 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lotjx View Post
    I loved every second of it. My friend said it best that its Lynch Unchained. That is probably the best way to go to start. By episode 4, it felt like Twin Peaks with a new quirky character in Waldo Brando and having the old cast get a majority of the screen time. I can't wait for episode 5. I truly believe if you binge watch this, you will have lost 30lbs and be addicted to opioids.
    This!!! Be careful!!!

Twas great. Exceeded any expectations I might've had

Loving it so far. Episode 4 was my favorite, it felt like it was the most Twin Peaks episode so far, and I appreciated that. Not that I haven't appreciated the previous 3, that one just felt like it bought things home.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I don't have a Showtime subscription, so I think I will just wait until it's done and try to binge watch it during the 8 day free trial so I don't have to pay anything lol.

Rewatching the original series in the meantime though. Though I will probably stop after Leland kills Maddie and just jump to Episode 29 and FWWM. Not torturing myself with Ted Raimi, Miss Twin Peaks, Evelyn Marsh and that goddamn pine weasel.

Spectacular Member

I actually like season two, a lot. It just seems so housewife soap opera after Laura's killer is revealed. Its a nice break from the darkness that was the first part of season two and then at the end of season.

Had they gotten to Windom Earl sooner, would've been fine. Plus I fast-forward thru everything James does once he leaves Twin Peaks. Repeat views are much smoother.

BANNED

I'm liking it so far. It feels like Lynch's magnum opus. There's a little bit of everything in these four episodes. I see elements of Eraserhead, Mulholland Drive, Blue Velvet, Inland Empire, and even The Straight Story.

This got me to finally settle down and watch the original. Binge-watched season 1 last week, and am currently on season 2. Unfortunately after 25 years of being a cult classic and certain ideas permeating mainstream consciousness, I'm spoiled on a lot, but its not hurting my enjoyment. The fact its 25 years old has also added another layer of enjoyment for me as going back in time to 1990 brings back tons of memories from my childhood.

Any particular reason why its so hard to get Lara Flynn Boyle to reprise Donna? She wasn't in Fire Walk With Me nor in this.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-25-2017 at 04:06 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    This got me to finally settle down and watch the original. Binge-watched season 1 last week, and am currently on season 2. Unfortunately after 25 years of being a cult classic and certain ideas permeating mainstream consciousness, I'm spoiled on a lot, but its not hurting my enjoyment. The fact its 25 years old has also added another layer of enjoyment for me as going back in time to 1990 brings back tons of memories from my childhood.

Any particular reason why its so hard to get Lara Flynn Boyle to reprise Donna? She wasn't in Fire Walk With Me nor in this.
    I know she used to date Kyle MacLachlan back when the show was on, though I don't THINK that has too much to do with it. She supposedly bumped heads a lot with David Lynch though. I'll try and find where I read that, so don't quote me just yet.

I really do miss Donna.

I've been wondering where Sherrif Truman is, though?
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 05-25-2017 at 05:49 PM.