Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Saw this on twitter this morning and it makes me laugh ever time I watch it. Which is several times.

https://twitter.com/_glocks/status/869356948088541184

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Saw this on twitter this morning and it makes me laugh ever time I watch it. Which is several times.

https://twitter.com/_glocks/status/869356948088541184
    I should update my very old linux system - unable to read a lot of vids on twitter...

Any clue to help me find another link? Your post really made me curious, Joker...

I'm pretty sure that person made it and posted it to twitter. Haven't seen it anywhere else.

Too bad... ...

Thanks anyway, Joker!

BANNED

Episode 5 thoughts:

- Loved the car scene with Amanda Seyfried.
    - The gold shit-digging shovel infomercial was great.
    - Does anyone have any ideas about the shrinking black device in Argentina?
    - Sonny Jim was doing the reverse blinking. Does he have a black lodge spirit?
    - That guy drinking the green tea latte!
    - I think that statue was of David Bowie.
    - Creepy guy in the Bang Bang Bar is credited as Richard Horne. Audrey's son...or younger brother? Alien in season one told Cooper to remember the name 'Richard'.
    - The bearded guy who took the money in the cigarette carton was the cop who made fun of Andy and Lucy in episode 4.
    Last edited by Vegan Daddy; 06-05-2017 at 02:19 PM.

Spectacular Member

So, episode six....shit. Not like it was shit more like fucking brutal. The deaths in this one were out of nowhere nuts to people we had zero relationship to and yet they hurt especially that first one. God, that sucked. So, the big moves here is Cooper really needs to wake up and yet somehow convinced his boss that there is a vast conspiracy in his office. Drug lords are back in Twin Peaks or at least headed that way. There is a deranged midget gunning for people including Doopy Cooper. Doopy Cooper's wife has some balls. And yeah..Hawk found Laura Palmer's missing diary pages that reveal fucking everything. OMG!
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 06-13-2017 at 09:00 PM.

I really loved part 5 - even if I think it was a little bit less good than the extraordinaries four previous ones. About your post about it,Vegan Daddy, I just want to thank you for the Bowie-statue thing : excellent! And with Argentina involved it makes... sense? At least I can try to make sense of it...

About Richard Horne, if he's revealed to be Audrey's son - conceived in the jet back in season two when the doors to the Lodges were opening? - the casting is great : he would have his mother's eyes...

About part 6... I thought it was absolutely amazing and just so... beautiful! That's exactly what I'm expecting of Lynch. Another hour of pure art... and I'm absolutely confident that the next twelve hours will be as good - and even better when we'll re-watch them all.

Sheriff Truman really need to get an insurance btw.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 06-13-2017 at 09:00 PM.

I forgot two things :

The most obvious : Kyle McLachlan is absolutely amazing... (I know that I use superlatives like the wost of the fanboys, but he truly deserves it!)

And something that my brother noticed me : the excellent 'magician' in the episode has been directed by Lynch previously. In Lost Highway. That's a thing!
    Last edited by Abe; 06-14-2017 at 07:10 AM.

He had his eyes open here, so I barely recognized him haha

Me during/after this week's episode:

Yeah, that felt like an episode I'd dream of but never receive. I equally love it for how polarizing it appears to be for casual viewers. I feel weird for having no questions by the end lol

BANNED

So...

- Bob and his soot vagabonds were birthed from the atomic bomb.
    - Laura is a Christ-like force of good created by The Giant in the White Lodge and sent to Earth in a dragon ball to oppose Bob.
    - That convenience store is the same one from FWWM where the Black Lodge spirits have their meetings.
    - Not sure about the bug-frog. Was it Bob hatching and crawling into his first victim? Was the Woodsman aiding him by putting people to sleep over the radio?
    - Is that teenage girl Sarah Palmer?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    So...

- Bob and his soot vagabonds were birthed from the atomic bomb.
    - Laura is a Christ-like force of good created by The Giant in the White Lodge and sent to Earth in a dragon ball to oppose Bob.
    I think, 1: Bob wasn't birthed from, so much as allowed to be birthed by it's inherent evil. If that makes sense.

2, I don't think Laura was created to oppose Bob, obviously she lost, if that was the intent. We never really saw her oppose him, either. She's a good in the world, perverted by Bob and "the evil that men do". She's unfortunately necessary.

But hey, that's all just guesses, and I don't think Lynch is saying anything super concrete here. It's a little dream logic. It's broad strokes.

Spectacular Member

Twin Peaks this week launched a hundred film study papers. I have been a hardcore fan forum and they are 80% sure what happened. The main theory is Bob is out of Cooper now which I am not sure. I do think the light inside Laura that Bob did not get in Fire Walk. Laura is not so much a being of light as much as her story will create heroes. Granted, they need to really start moving the pieces together as I think the woodsman people are going have to be stopped if you want defeat Evil Cooper.

Quote Originally Posted by Stony View Post
    Me during/after this week's episode:

Yes! Something like that for me too. I didn't expect to see something like 2001 a space odyssey once more in my life and it did happen then! Among many other things... Incredible...

I can't wait for the next episode in a few days... And I'm not sure how I will deal with the summer away from internet...