Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    BANNED

I liked it. From what I gather, Coop fucked up the timeline when he tried to save Laura. Everything is wrong now.

There's no going back, and some things just can't be fixed.
    Last edited by Vegan Daddy; 09-03-2017 at 08:04 PM.

I'm still processing it... part 17 seemed like the happy ending, part 18 was more like part 8... a separate episode in itself

Frustrated, annoyed, but not angry... the series as a whole has been just a gift

Still processing it too but loved both episodes.

The 17th was wonderful. An absolute treat for any twin peaks fan but also an amazing representation of a spiritual journey. The 18th was a bit disappointing at first, but I love that it made the links between all the pieces of the works of Lynch even stronger... so much from lost highway, wild at heart in it. And that feeling of seeing alive pictures by Hopper sometimes - after the incredible visions of the forest...

About the story itself It's great to see the part played by Sarah- possessed as Leland... After the father a season about the mother... something that will give even more meaning to the 3rd episode...

I'm more than ready to watch again the whole season and I'm pretty sure that my love for it will grow stronger with time, precisely because of all the mysteries and resonances between the scenes... It's not over - even if another season or another movie seem quite improbable.

Thank you so much David!

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

It's hard to know where to begin with this show but I absolutely loved the return. Lynch defied expectations at every turn up to the very last minute, utterly refusing to play by normal storytelling conventions and landed up creating a new kind of Twin Peaks that was a new kind of groundbreaking: we have never seen anything like this on television and heaven help anyone but David Lynch who tries to do anything like it again. As for the finale, after two episodes of some of the most satisfying television ever, of course Lynch and Frost would pull the rug from under us almost completely and create something that feels both a lot like the endings of Lost Highway and Mullholland Drive and an all new iteration of Twin Peaks that we may never, ever see followed up on. I hate Lynch for that and I kind of love him for it at the same time. It's not just anyone who can merge satisfaction with frustration to the point where you can barely tell the two apart.

We may be in a golden age of TV but Frost and Lynch have once again thrown down a gauntlet for audacious TV even more profound than the one they did 25 years ago.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    I hate part 18, I just hate it so, so much.
    May I ask why?

Writing on the wall The Celtic Batman's Avatar

I was willing Coop to kick down the door in that last scene, to see who/what was the voice of the 'husband'. Anyone else experience that?
    I hope there's a 4th series. Or a movie. I've loved every episode in this 3rd series.
    I may watch episodes 8 & 18 together as a double-bill this weekend... ;-)
    We're all the Doom Patrol!!!
    Opinions come in all shapes and sizes.
    But they're still just opinions yo

BANNED

How creepy was the last scene? That faint 'Laura' coming from inside the house right before Laura screams and everything goes black.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    How creepy was the last scene? That faint 'Laura' coming from inside the house right before Laura screams and everything goes black.
    Intense. In the last episode of season 2 Coop was willing to sacrifice his soul to save Annie. Last episode of season 3: has he sacrificed a whole timeline to save Laura, or just his connection to the timeline...?
    I hope he's reunited with his friends again.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Laura screaming is always unsettling. No one screams like Sheryl Lee. No one.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Stony View Post
    I'm still processing it... part 17 seemed like the happy ending, part 18 was more like part 8... a separate episode in itself

Frustrated, annoyed, but not angry... the series as a whole has been just a gift
    I'm toying with the idea of watching an episode 8&18 back to back double bill this weekend at some point.
    We can watch them in whatever order we like... I think those 2 may fit together well

I haven't commented because I have no idea where to start. What an amazing ride. We'll never see anything like that again.

Part of me hopes he does a season 4 (just so we can have more of this amazing ****) and part of me doesn't think we need it. I know he said he'd do it, but I'm not sure what he'd say with another season.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I haven't commented because I have no idea where to start. What an amazing ride. We'll never see anything like that again.

Part of me hopes he does a season 4 (just so we can have more of this amazing ****) and part of me doesn't think we need it. I know he said he'd do it, but I'm not sure what he'd say with another season.
    Season 4: The Wrath of Judy...? ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by The Celtic Batman View Post
    Season 4: The Wrath of Judy...? ;-)
    Season V: The Search for Audrey!

Quote Originally Posted by Stony View Post
    Season V: The Search for Audrey!
    Season VI: The Final Found Ear...