Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

I'd watch a season 4. Lynch said if people loved The Return he'd do more, but the hardest part is sitting down and writing it. Showtime said the door is always open for David. All the people asked said they'd do more in a heartbeat.

I just can't imagine what a season 4 would be.

Personally, I don't need the search for Audrey. (Though, apparently there were issues getting her on board, and maybe that's why her part was so small?)

I don't know what I'd want it to tell me... I don't think I need "answers".

I don't really think it's necessary but I won't mind another season or a movie... if Lynch find a new maecenas to finance his project. Iirc he needed the French concrete and building tycoon Francis Bouygues to get the money for Firee walk with me (a strange thing : the guy, who bought several years before one of the public channel of French Tv and made of it the biggest private channel in France and one of the biggest in Europe, something very commercial, wanted to be seen as a patron of the arts at the end of his life...). Mulholland Drive after the failing of the tv series project received French money as well - from Alain Sarde and the private network Canal+. I don't see Hollywood giving money to Lynch... or not much... if Showtime is okay with a new project, that's really great!

I don't think I need answers too. Except maybe about Audrey... Mulholland Drive seems to have been at first conceived as a spin-off about the character of Audrey according to Sherilyn Fenn herself...

Anyway I know we'll have still a lot to watch with this season. I still need to watch the two lasts episodes a second time....

There's also that theory on the web my brother just told me about : some episodes seem to be synchronised. The last two can be watched together at the same time. And they seem to be both also synchronised with the episode 8!

I'll try that this weekend... that will make two 'new hours of film!!!
    Last edited by Abe; 09-12-2017 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    There's also that theory on the web my brother just told me about : some episodes seem to be synchronised. The last two can be watched together at the same time. And they seem to be both also synchronised with the episode 8!
    I heard about that but Sabrina Sutherland, executive producer of the show, seemed to quash that theory in her reddit AMA...

Good to know! I'll try it anyway - could be fun (BTW I love her appearance in the third episode when she helps Mr Jackpot)

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

I thought the season overall was excellent, really something else, but I felt that it could have been condensed, with all major subplots intact, to a five- or six episode miniseries. In my opinion, Twin Peaks (2017) dragged on and meandered greatly, and I get that was probably Lynch's intention, with countless scenes dragging on for an absurd amount of time, in a humorous fashion, but I think it got old after awhile and it would have stayed it's welcome if Twin Peaks: The Return ended earlier than 18 episodes. Having 18 episodes worth of new Twin Peaks material is cool, but in those 18 episodes, it must feel like the plot is progressing, and not spent on a scene of Dale Cooper eating chocolate cake for half an hour.
    Last edited by Timothy Hunter; 09-14-2017 at 04:10 PM.