Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Wonder Wonder May Break Merchandising Glass Ceiling

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...y-girl-toy-gap

According to the linked Bloomberg article, the only thing that will surpass Wonder Woman's amazing box office revenue will be her merchandising revenue this year. Wonder woman is expected to make between 500 million and 1 billion dollars in merchandising this year which will put her on par with Batman and surpass Superman for the year.

The article also provides a graph of 2015 licensed merchandising sales that show Wonder Woman within the top 8 for sales with licensing juggernauts like Star Wars, Disney Princesses and the Transformers. All in all, it seems Wonder Woman is showing why she is an unstoppable icon.

Grace Randolph also mentions Wonder Woman's sensational merchandising sales in the linked video - which is why I started to do my own research - and she also mentions how the DC Super Hero Girls have allegedly surpassed the Disney Princess brand. I say allegedly because Grace did not provide an article for which I can confirm this information. She only says that DC/WB have released this statement, but I could not find where. If anyone else can find it, I would love to read it.

All in all, this is a great time to be a Wonder Woman fan.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Yup. 2017 is the year all WW fans have been wanting & waiting for and she is gonna be in JL to top the year off!!.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

I do wish I could pull off a tiara. *searches for Wonder Women tiaras
    Superhero shows are trash

I will take 1 Magic Lasso, please!

Retired

It used to be when comic book movies came out, I could find some great swag. But I don't have much luck these days. I've been on the lookout for some Wonder Woman tie-ins, but haven't seen any yet.

I guess there was no way the movie could have fit in the classic WW costume--which I think is more colourful and appealing, in terms of merchandise--however, they could have snuck something into the background at her Louvre headquarters.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Everything's coming up roses for Diana!

Up to a billion dollars? BY HERSELF?

I swear to you, DC/WB, if you don't capitalize on this newfound popularity for Diana in EVERY POSSIBLE WAY, you deserve to go back to getting your butt kicked by Marvel/Disney for the rest of eternity!
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

That is incredible news!! And the year isn't even over yet! Diana still has JL later this year and you know she's going to sell a lot of toys for Christmas! I have no doubt she will be one of the mosy popular female costumes this year (like Harley was last year)! Go DC!!

Also curious about DC Superhero Girls... I think it has the potential to surpass the Disney Princess franchise, especially with characters like WW, Harley, Supergirl and Catwoman included!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Incredible Member

That's pretty incredible. I've had a hard time finding any merchandise down under.

I'm particularly chasing Mattel's DC Comics Multiverse 12" Wonder Woman figure, but I can't find it. I have found their smaller 6" action figures and I spotted a limited selection of Mattel's Wonder Woman action dolls (which may have been popular as only the Themysciran training outfit version was left).

I haven't found any men's t-shirts, posters and assorted other merchandise.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    That's pretty incredible. I've had a hard time finding any merchandise down under.

I'm particularly chasing Mattel's DC Comics Multiverse 12" Wonder Woman figure, but I can't find it. I have found their smaller 6" action figures and I spotted a limited selection of Mattel's Wonder Woman action dolls (which may have been popular as only the Themysciran training outfit version was left).

That is something that annoys me the most. I don't wanna have to start cross dressing to enjoy some nice WW shirts lol
    Superhero shows are trash

Retired

The seven weeks I was in Brazil, the whole time I was looking for a Wonder Woman T-shirt. You could get every kind of WW T-shirt in women's, but I didn't see any men's. Yet I did see a lot of men in WW T-shirts (and skirts), but I gather they somehow adapted the women's sizes to wear. But I wanted a proper T-shirt and passed up on a few women's T-shirts that looked cool. Now I wish I had bought what I could find and made it work for me.

For men's shirts, you'll probably have to look online. I don't think we'll be seeing any of them in Walmart or Target anytime soon (seeing as they would rather crop out an image of Wonder Woman from a Justice League group pic and slap it on a t-shirt for men/boys).

I've been seeing *lots* of posters and assorted knickknacks everywhere I look. Which is unfortunate for my wallet.

Incredible Member

http://wwd.com/eye/lifestyle/wonder-...duct-10902127/

Women's Wear Daily released this article this morning about the breadth of product collaborations with the Wonder Woman brand from mass market retailers like Kohls and Hot Topic to luxury brands like Givenchy and Louis Vuitton. (The article doesn't state it but I know Valentino also had a Wonder Woman collection last year, as well).

The article continues that the Wonder Woman name is so powerful and represents so many different types of women that while it is not typical to see one brand used to attract so many different demographics of women, it is also not unexpected that Wonder Woman would transcend demographic barriers.

What's even more exciting is that Soo Koo, Warner Bros. Consumer Products’ chief creative officer, states, "Koo notes how the character — who will also appear in the November release of “Justice League” — is a year-round business for Warner Bros. who have no plans to slow down licensing collaborations. 'We’re going to have her product out there quarter after quarter in both high-end and mass-market settings,' Koo reveals."

According to the article, there is also a big fashion show tomorrow in Paris where the the high end Wonder Woman fashions will debut and proceeds "will [go to] support African women through the Lemlem Foundation."

So I hope all are you are incorporating Wonder Woman merchandising in your budgets because it seems this is only the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Bukdiah View Post
    I do wish I could pull off a tiara. *searches for Wonder Women tiaras
    I've got a couple...haha
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    For men's shirts, you'll probably have to look online. I don't think we'll be seeing any of them in Walmart or Target anytime soon (seeing as they would rather crop out an image of Wonder Woman from a Justice League group pic and slap it on a t-shirt for men/boys).

I've been seeing *lots* of posters and assorted knickknacks everywhere I look. Which is unfortunate for my wallet.
    Actually, Walmart has 2 Wonder Woman shirts for Men in regular stock, for a couple months now. Good start!!!

If you'd like, I can get a DC Comics Multiverse 12" Wonder Woman figure after the movie tonight. I can create an eBay auction for you, or you can paypal me 34.99 They are 29.99, and I can ship for 5.00 (this will be profit free for me, but I want people to have access to what they want, so I don't mind.) Let me know.

I see Wonder Woman everywhere!! There are huge displays at every Walmart store, posters, blankets, pillows, DC Multiverse, Imaginext, Mattel Action Dolls. I sell a lot on ebay, so I'm at the stores a lot to fulfill orders.