Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    Well people wanted him to be Robin again lol DC might have misunderstood the fans.
    Don't tease me like that!

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I prefer the Arkham Knight symbol. Jason wearing the red bat kind of follows the iconography rules of the Superman family (variations on a single symbol) instead of the usual Batman family iconography (individualized symbols tied in some specific way to the codename of the characters). And I prefer the advantage of Batfamily system: you only wear a bat if you're a "Bat"-man, -girl, or -woman, and you can market your symbol accordingly. Red Hood's bat symbol is simply a stretched batman symbol in Batwoman's colors; it's a bit like how the Rebirth Red Robin symbol is just a repetitive Robin symbol, in that it's kind of unimaginatively derivative and a bit bland.

I love the Arkham Knight symbol because it hearkens back to both Robin and Batman, while embracing a reverse aesthetic to the nearest counterpart in Nightwing. The Arkham Knight symbol goes in the opposite direction of the Nightwing symbol, embraces the opposing red to Nightwing's blue, and even comes off as "sharper" with a more angular and "spiky" design. And while I do get the idea that Jason wearing a Bat shows how he and Bruce have reconciled, I prefer the more vague similarity in the Arkham Knight symbol since it doesn't tie the Bat to a body count; if we have to keep the bat symbol, than I at least want Waller or someone making a smart-ass comment about it.
    The AK symbol is just a red bat overlapped on the Arkham symbol though.

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    Maybe but I still doesn't like it. He has his own symbol so use it. I'm pretty sure most fans of Batman know which book belongs to which franchise.
    I honestly think he should get new one first, his current symbol reminds me too much of Phoenix from X-men

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    if we have to keep the bat symbol, than I at least want Waller or someone making a smart-ass comment about it.
    Black Mask did comment on it. Jason said it's to yank Batman's wings. Which is a good enough excuse I guess. As far as Rebirth goes, the things Jason has done are publicly known as assassinating the major, running Gotham underworld, invading a country... all "villanous" things. Then the red bat might very well work as an opposite to Batman's black bat, from a citizen's perspective at least.

Quote Originally Posted by nightbird View Post
    I honestly think he should get new one first, his current symbol reminds me too much of Phoenix from X-men
    I think it looks different enough, better than running around with Batman's symbol.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Both Batman Beyond and Batwoman's symbols are derivative of Batman's though so I don't really see a difference and frankly any member of the Bat Family could wear the symbol and get away with it IMHO. There's is no hard and fast rule that states that only Bat characters with "Bat" in their name are eligible to wear the symbol after all. I do believe it does make sense for Jason to wear it given that he was, up until recently at a least, a clear enemy of the Bat. Now that he's more of an ally I feel he needs a visual that makes his alliances clear at least to civilians. If they were to change it I'd much rather they go with the Arkham Knight symbol more appropriate then that nonsense Morrison one, which is too reminiscent of Punisher IMHO.
    There doesn't need to be a rule. Both Batman Beyond and Batwoman are obvious derivatives of Batman, so it makes obvious sense for them to wear Batman's symbol. It makes no sense for Jason to wear it. No more then it would Nightwing. Nightwing would look like a fool with a Bat symbol on his chest. It would invalidate everything Dick claimed he wanted Nightwing to be.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 05-25-2017 at 12:40 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    The AK symbol is just a red bat overlapped on the Arkham symbol though.
    I think it works well enough. It`s a single silhouette. Even if you take the stylzed "A" out of the shape I don`t see it losing translation for a Red Hood.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, I didn't even notice the Arkham symbol thing, so I don't think it's as obtrusive as a Bat symbol on the undercover Bat-character.

It does kind of remind me of the old Kon-El Superboy symbols: in the 90's, it was the golden shield since that was on the front cover of Adventures of Superman #501, and then the red and black shield from the Teen Titans. Both were just recolored versions of Superman's symbol, and neither were arguably his main icon: that would be the leather jacket on "The Kid" and the t-shirt and blue jeans on "the teen of Steel." It's kind of like Jason's helmet.

I just don't see any kind of advantage to the bat. Having an icon at the center of the chest serves an aesthetic purpose, but it shouldn't be one that poses needless questions.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP