Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Red Hood needs a new symbol!

Red Hood has become a very popular character but he still doesn't have a symbol that truly represents him. The red Bat symbol needs to go. I can understand DC using it when Red Hood and the Outlaws was launched. It may have been needed to draw in new readers who would see the Bat symbol and immediately know it was connected to his universe, making it more likely that people would buy the comic. But now that Jason is one of DC's most popular characters he really needs his own symbol.

I would bring back the chest symbol introduced during Grant Morrison's Batman run. but definitely don't bring back the lip stick head.

BANNED

This is something I`d need to think about. Ideally I want something on his own and not just the bat stample on his chest but maybe less is more.

Does he even need one, does the mask alone do the trick? I think in terms of minimal design it might. Not sure that`s the one, you see, Morrison had used (or created) this character called Red Mask in his Animal Man series and is basically the same helmet and symbol

Yes, please get the bat symbol off his chest already.

I think his helmet alone would do fine imo.

Plus from a marketing standpoint it could take him to the next level. Something that can be on a t shirt and is recognizable.

43488c912a9b51330196cb835fa842f0.jpg
    well there is the symbol on his chest from arkham knight. Not exactly a batsymbol (no ears.) I don't really think he needs one though, the helmet is iconic enough.

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    43488c912a9b51330196cb835fa842f0.jpg
    well there is the symbol on his chest from arkham knight. Not exactly a batsymbol (no ears.) I don't really think he needs one though, the helmet is iconic enough.
    Batman's cape and cowl are iconic but the symbol is still incredibly important.

Maybe a red middle finger?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Maybe a red middle finger?
    Yeah, I like THIS the best. Don't tun Jason into "Dick Grayson With Guns."

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Nah

The Red Bat works perfectly as his symbol plus he has made it his over the past six years. Even Injustice will use it

And the less we speak of Morrison's abomination, the better.

The Red Bat makes no character sense. You can't even call it his because at the end of the day its a Bat symbol. Not too mention there's Batman Beyond and Batwoman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    The Red Bat makes no character sense. You can't even call it his because at the end of the day its a Bat symbol. Not too mention there's Batman Beyond and Batwoman.
    I would agree. Jason shouldn't be so "forgive and forget". He's got no reason to suck up to Batman, and he should be merciless to the choirbats.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Those are different designs and since you're singling them out, why can they have their own iteration of the red bat but Jason don't?

And it does make sense for Jason after al the development he has gone through under Lobdell.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I would agree. Jason shouldn't be so "forgive and forget". He's got no reason to suck up to Batman, and he should be merciless to the choirbats.
    You are aware Jason is no longer the same anger filled young man he was when he returned from the dead, yes?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    You are aware Jason is no longer the same anger filled young man he was when he returned from the dead, yes?
    Yes, I am quite aware, thank you for the reminder. But somebody who's been in the Lazarus Pit and clawed his way out of his own grave is NOT going to be The White Sheep Of The Family. Those are not the kinds of experiences anyone sane could just laugh off. And are the choirbats just going to WINK at a guy who has no problems with killing?

The Batfamily Will Preval UnderTheRedHood's Avatar

I love the Red Bat personally think it looks good on him. like hi I'm batman but with guns and instead of batrangs I have grenades
    Jason Todd, Cassandra Cain, Helena Wayne, Bruce, Harper, Kate, Dick, Barbra, Thomas, Brenna, Tim, Damian, Duke , Stephanie, Luke, Terry,

#BATSQUAD