Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Preview: Totally Awesome Hulk #19

Out next week: http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...esome-hulk-19/

Seems like a really fun team up. Weapon X is back baby!
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

I kinda feel bad that Weapon X has only gotten 3 issues in before it's stuck in a crossover, and even before Warpath or Deathstrike even joins the group, but this'll probably still be fun .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I kinda feel bad that Weapon X has only gotten 3 issues in before it's stuck in a crossover, and even before Warpath or Deathstrike even joins the group, but this'll probably still be fun .
    Yeah, it makes me roll my eyes but at least both books are by Pak and I can't deny that it looks like a **** ton of fun.

I see TAH has adopted the X books style recap page. They probably wanted a consistent format for the event.

You know, I'm not gonna lie, I keep forgetting that this book is a thing. It just hasn't really done anything since Civil War II.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    You know, I'm not gonna lie, I keep forgetting that this book is a thing. It just hasn't really done anything since Civil War II.
    i really liked the team up with Silk, Ms Marvel, Jimmy Woo and Shang Chi.

It's a bit worrisome to me. Like what they did with the Ghost Rider book.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    i really liked the team up with Silk, Ms Marvel, Jimmy Woo and Shang Chi.
    I loved that team up. Great dialogue throughout.

Hope we really do see more of the Protectors. Anyways, Robert Gill has fantastic art and it meshes well with Mahmud Asrar's art style. Can't wait for the crossover and seeing Asrar's rendition of X-Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Probably because you weren't following it...

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Hope we really do see more of the Protectors. Anyways, Robert Gill has fantastic art and it meshes well with Mahmud Asrar's art style. Can't wait for the crossover and seeing Asrar's rendition of X-Force.
    I thought the Protectors was a fun arc, but I don't want Pak changing TAH into a team/team-up book. That didn't help the recent Ghost Rider volume any.

Cameos or small appearances would be nice though .

And while this book doesn't really have any kind of "main plot," I hope we get back to Amadeus reconciling with Maddy soon.

Astonishing Member

I thought the Protectors was a fun arc, but I don't want Pak changing TAH into a team/team-up book. That didn't help the recent Ghost Rider volume any.

Cameos or small appearances would be nice though .

And while this book doesn't really have any kind of "main plot," I hope we get back to Amadeus reconciling with Maddy soon.
    Maddy his sister? Eww no, she was the very definition of annoying. 120% prick lol. I'm glad she's out of the book. It's like Miles Grandma, I can take them in small doses but they can definitely overstay their welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Maddy his sister? Eww no, she was the very definition of annoying. 120% prick lol. I'm glad she's out of the book. It's like Miles Grandma, I can take them in small doses but they can definitely overstay their welcome.
    Welllll....I think she's the kind of character Amadeus needs to rein him in, as he's proven so often in this series.

And their relationship has been the only other major overarching story in the book, aside from Cho learning to control his inner monster, so I would hope it would be addressed again.

Astonishing Member

Welllll....I think she's the kind of character Amadeus needs to rein him in, as he's proven so often in this series.

And their relationship has been the only other major overarching story in the book, aside from Cho learning to control his inner monster, so I would hope it would be addressed again.
    I have no problem with her reigning it in, but the way she does it have always rub me the wrong way. One of cho's awesome traits is that he needs to be reigned in some times, but she doesn't need to be a douche while doing it. If they tone her down by a good 50 percent, I'll be fine with her. But as of now, eh good riddance for me lol.

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    I have no problem with her reigning it in, but the way she does it have always rub me the wrong way. One of cho's awesome traits is that he needs to be reigned in some times, but she doesn't need to be a douche while doing it. If they tone her down by a good 50 percent, I'll be fine with her. But as of now, eh good riddance for me lol.
    Well, sometimes it takes an arrogant genius to rein in an arrogant genius, though I don't think she's been as bad as Cho can be at times .

Astonishing Member

Well, sometimes it takes an arrogant genius to rein in an arrogant genius, though I don't think she's been as bad as Cho can be at times .
    Cho? Hahaha Cho's never a douche. He can be reckless and arrogant sometimes. I rather take someone who's over confident (which is Cho's biggest weakness) over Maddy being a full on douche any day. Even with the worst of times, she's almost never been shown as considerate or caring, just constantly berating, nagging and attacking him. Her one shining moment in my eyes was when she tried to protect Cho with that super size gun, and that was it for me.