View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Beauty #15

0 0%
  • Deadly Class #28

1 7.14%
  • The Dying and the Dead #4

1 7.14%
  • East of West #33

5 35.71%
  • The Magdalena Vol. 4 #3

0 0%
  • The Old Guard #4

2 14.29%
  • Plastic #2 (of 5)

0 0%
  • Rat Queens #3

1 7.14%
  • Redneck #2

0 0%
  • Ringside #10

0 0%
  • Samaritan Veritas #1 (series debut)

1 7.14%
  • Savage Dragon #224

2 14.29%
  • Seven To Eternity #6

0 0%
  • Sun Bakery #3

1 7.14%
  • Underwinter #3

0 0%

Default Image Comics poll week 21 - Samaritan Veritas debuts in a packed week

Hey everyone welcome back to the weekly Image poll, vote for your favourites and let's chat!

So last week's poll saw a pretty convincing win for the long-running series Invincible, already its second win of the year!

THis week however is stuffed to the gills, so let's do the rundown. The Dying & the Dead finally returns from a long delay this week, and is also releasing an oversized hardcover of the first 3 issues for good measure. There are reprints of the first issues of Plastic, Redneck, and Youngblood also gets a special "retailers appreciation reprint" - whatever that's supposed to mean? Ringside finishes up a storyline and amusingly says "the series will return in February 2017"... timetravel confirmed! Savage Dragon apparantly starts merging its multiverses, Sun Bakery introduces a brand new series called Layered Jacket, and Seven To Eternity reprints issue 5 which was billed as a jump-on point.

Whew, but amongst all this stuff we also get a new series.
    Called Samaritan Veritas, this is about a lady with a grudge who decides she's gonna take down the military industrial complex... by stealing all the R&D of a big military contractor and releasing all the info for free. Can't see a single downside to this genius plan!!!
    This is a Matt Hawkins book so it might be worth a look for you Top Cow fans.

279558.jpg

East of West. Great issue. Things are really coming to a head in that book lately.

I got Dying and the Dead, but I need to re read the first 3 before I can comment on that one. Also read Black Hammer, which is great as always.

Deadly Class and East of West for me... Looking forward to both.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

*Staring at The Dying and the Dead #4*

........................................is that real? At this point, I find it almost hard to believe it's real.

Also, when the next issue? 5 or 6 months from now? ;D

Only picked up Sun Bakery from Image this time, so kind of a vote by default, but it's a pretty cool magazine. It's a much breezier read than other anthologies such as Dark Horse Presents, Creepy/Eerie, or Island Magazine (still bummed it's done). That's both a good and a bad thing I guess. The new series is a sort of western story with a bit of a twist, but very comfortably rooted in that genre's tropes.

The Arem story appears done for now, but in last month's issue the creator wrote how he's planning to bring it back with a bit more of its own identity in the future (in the first 2 issues Arem was pretty much a riff on Super Metroid and Instagram celebrities...yes really).

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Also, when the next issue? 5 or 6 months from now? ;D
    Didn't they straight up say it wouldn't come back until it was done so it could be released on time?

Fantastic Member Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

I read Samaritan Veritas and loved it. It is part of the Think Tank universe so Hawkins will give the reader a lot of plausible and scary examples of how tech and psy ops can be used to subjugate the masses and fool the idiots, as if that is very difficult to begin with. Plus, this one has the lone, angry revenge archetype protagonist. So I expect a lot of blood.

Deadly Class #28
    East of West #33
    The Old Guard #4
    Seven To Eternity #6

Picked up The Old Guard and Redneck. Giving my vote to The Old Guard, that ending wow.
    Monthly: Batwoman, Black Hammer, Black Magick, Detective Comics, Injection, Extremity, Heathen, Lazarus, Monstress, The Old Guard.
    Mini Series: Abbott, Return to Whisper, Songs for the Dead.
    TPB/HC: Animosity, East of West, Invincible, Seven to Eternity, Southern Cross, The Woods.

Rat Queens by default. It's still OK, but this arc really needs to end with the Queens kicking ass and reestablishing themselves. Three issues of the main characters dealing with recurring annoyances and/or being ineffectual is wearing thin.

Got East of West and The Dying and the Dead this week. Voted for The Dying and the Dead just because I'm glad it is back : not the best issue so far, but some nice moments, and nice pages : the colors... the clouds... East of West was great - and in fact better - but it's not a surprise

(Still curious to read those threads btw : need some ideas for future TPBs outside of my confort zone of

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robin View Post
    I read Samaritan Veritas and loved it.
    Nice that's cool to hear. It really feels like with this new batch of series Top Cow is kinda reinventing themselves. With Postal, Eden's Fall, Eclipse, Death Vigil, the relaunched Magdalena, new Think Tank series... It's encouraging to see they're diversifying more in terms of genre and also introducing new series/concepts, not relying on purely relaunches or continuations of things that have come before.