Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Default Anyone wish for the classic Spidey Suits back?

TBH, I do miss the classic suits for Spider-Man 2099, or just don't like a glowing Spider on Peter Parker's chest either. But I didn't feel that they needed an update of any kind either. Miguel's suit always had a futuristic feel to it, and I just have to ask what purpose a glowing spider on the suit of a superhero who often works at night serves anyways?

I hope we go back to the classic suit soon, and we probably are. I'm just not into the glowing spider-symbol and teched-out super-suit Peter's currently sporting.

I don't think Miguel's new suit was ever as strong a visual or iconic as his original look, so I imagine he'll be back in it at some point, though it looks like someone else will be wearing it in an upcoming issue of 2099.

iMan 42s

I'm not under the impression we ever had a reason for why the spider glows. Iron man I understood as that (the chest light) has a degree of practical purpose to it since that at one point it was a spotlight, then a weapon primed if he needed it, or even a vent for energy build-up, Spider-man, I'm not so sure. The idea was probably that it made the suit look like it had a bunch of technology in it but at the same time it serves no function. I've yet to see it depicted with any function other than making it easier for the Halloween costume to be justified for glowing in the dark. The costume Peter wears is fine but the glowing function can be removed and I doubt it would make any difference since it had no functionality to begin with. The eyes could be a form of HUD similar to Iron man and that would make sense to glow for intimidation, or show off visually he is using something to enhance his visuals.

Miguel's suit isn't bad but it also doesn't make as much an impact as the original. I think part of the appeal of Miguel's costume was that it was something that was indeed a costume. As a costume it was also very simple and not what you would immediately imagine Spider-man of the future to be wearing. I think it really works for it's simplicity but the ANAD costume goes a bit too far in it's approach. Kind of like how a 2099 cover made a joke about what people of the 90's thought they would be wearing, ANAD does that for the modern day.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I hope we go back to the classic suit soon, and we probably are. I'm just not into the glowing spider-symbol and teched-out super-suit Peter's currently sporting.

I don't think Miguel's new suit was ever as strong a visual or iconic as his original look, so I imagine he'll be back in it at some point, though it looks like someone else will be wearing it in an upcoming issue of 2099.
    I don't mind tech in his suit. I just don't care for how it looks like on the outside. I mean, like I said earlier, I don't know who had the bright idea of having a glowing spider on the outside is a good idea, but it just doesn't make much sense with spider-man. Miguel's suit was always futuristic in how it appeared, IMO, you never really had to change it.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    I don't mind tech in his suit. I just don't care for how it looks like on the outside. I mean, like I said earlier, I don't know who had the bright idea of having a glowing spider on the outside is a good idea, but it just doesn't make much sense with spider-man. Miguel's suit was always futuristic in how it appeared, IMO, you never really had to change it.
    And the second Spider-Man 2099 in the last three issues will be wearing a slightly modified version of the original costume, which is really all the modification the suit needed, though I'd be less opposed to the new costume if it didn't have the white in it. Just straightforward black and red like the original was supposed to be before the excess of blue highlights and shading made people think the costume was supposed to be blue instead of black.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member suemorphplus209's Avatar
    Someplace where there's many, many, trees...

It sure looks like we will be getting there soon enough. I always thought Spider-Man 2099 was cool as aneeded alternate universe and how his costume combined the skull and spider in the design.

About ANAD, it isn't just the glowing spider, his suit is almost metallic and blocky in appearance as well, aside from his Spider Armor suits, I don't generally see the texture as normal either.
    Currently Following: Batman, Detective Comics, Dark Knight 3, Flash, Amazing Spider-Man, Multiversity, Spider-Man, X-Men

BRING BACK THE OLD WOLVERINE!!!

I like the overall design of the current Spidey suit, but I hate the glowing eyes and spider.

I think the glowing bits where meant to be visual shorthand for "this is high tech and very advanced."

Either way, it was ugly as can be and a really bad fit for the character. So, yeah, get him back in his no-tech classic costume asap.

(I don't really like variations beyond the classic design anyways, so I might be biased, but the Iron Man ripoff thing is a reason I don't want to read current ASM comics.)

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    I like the overall design of the current Spidey suit, but I hate the glowing eyes and spider.
    Same here. I don't actually mind the change in his costume aside from the pointless glowing. It's similar enough that it's not foreign feeling but also feels like an upgrade with his tech, something I've always been a fan of Peter having, especially from Big Time and beyond.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Same here. I don't actually mind the change in his costume aside from the pointless glowing. It's similar enough that it's not foreign feeling but also feels like an upgrade with his tech, something I've always been a fan of Peter having, especially from Big Time and beyond.
    Yeah, I like the tech but they should either give a reason for the glowing or remove it.

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    Yeah, I like the tech but they should either give a reason for the glowing or remove it.
    I don't even think they know why it's glowing to the point that I remember Peter making a joke about him not even knowing.

Incredible Member suemorphplus209's Avatar
    Someplace where there's many, many, trees...

Definitely. I never saw a point for the glow, if they have to make his suit look futuristic, I don't think he needs that, especially when that looks like a knock-off of Iron Man.
    Currently Following: Batman, Detective Comics, Dark Knight 3, Flash, Amazing Spider-Man, Multiversity, Spider-Man, X-Men

BRING BACK THE OLD WOLVERINE!!!

Spectacular Member AmazingFantasy's Avatar

Miguel's current suit slowly grew on me but I do prefer the original, wouldn't mind him going back to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I agree with you both. The current suit is more than fine, just remove the glow (or give a reason why it's there lol).

I absolutely detest the current look. Taking an awesome costume like Spider-Man and giving it a look that looks pretty shitty, IMO.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Quote Originally Posted by AmazingFantasy View Post
    The current suit is more than fine, just remove the glow (or give a reason why it's there lol).
    After seeing images of that Toys 'R' Us Spider-Man action figure two-pack that uses the Parker Industries costume, I've come to the conclusion that if the glow was blue instead of green, it would look better. On thinking it over, I actually think that the new spider logo is an improvement over the classic one.