Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Is a Kick-Ass 3 movie even possible at this point?

When Kick-Ass first came out in 2010, I was utterly blown away by it. Hilarious, satirical, with blood soaked kinetic action and a completely demented father and daughter relationship that was at the same time one of the sweetest examples of familial love that I've ever seen, I just instantly fell in love with it. In fact, looking back on the cinematic landscape, Kick-Ass might be on my top list of films for the 2010s.

That's why I was so disappointed by the tepid response to its sequel, Kick-Ass 2. While that movie is a far cry from the first one, I still found it entertaining and heartfelt enough to where I was perplexed at the film receiving such negative critical and fan reviews.

Now, I think that the main reason the sequel failed to capture a mainstream nod of approval like Kick-Ass 1 did is because it strayed too far from the source material. Too many details were changed from the comic that made it feel almost perfunctory. Sloppy. Cheesy, even. These changes were made I believe because the first movie had also made changes of its own. Kick-Ass 1 did a lot to "Hollywoodize" the original comic, where Dave was a straight up loser instead of a plucky underdog, and Big Daddy wasn't really an ex-cop trying to get revenge on the mafia, but a loser similar to Dave who had kidnapped and lied to his daughter so he could live out his sick superhero fantasies. But I digress.

There were lots of things about Kick-Ass 2 the movie that I felt worked, but if they had just stuck to the comic, with the cliffhanger ending of Hit-Girl getting arrested, we would have a much easier time seeing the possibility of a third movie getting made.
    For what it's worth, Kick-Ass 3 the comic is actually pretty good. But now the actors are just a little too old for it to be believable, and even excluding that, the sequel bombing has deflated almost all of the goodwill the original earned. Is anyone else bummed that it will probably never get made?

Its certainly not wanted thats for sure. Not after they destroyed the first volume when they made the movie.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I think the cast has pretty much moved on and aged outta the roles really. Plus the fact Kick-Ass 2 didn't do as well as the 1st one. It did $30+ million less than the 1st one as well.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Jersey City - or you can call it The TWiLighT Zone

If they try again I believe a new cast will be needed..

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Kick Ass 3 is dead in the water.

It has other threequels to keep it company though.

Sin City 3, Hell Boy 3, Percy Jackson 3, Maze Runner 3, Tron 3, and Divergent 3.5.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post

Sin City 3, Hell Boy 3, Percy Jackson 3, Maze Runner 3, Tron 3, and Divergent 3.5.
    They aren't making more maze runner and divergent?

Quote Originally Posted by LordTrump View Post
    they just postponed maze runner because the star almost died in a on set accident. think he was hit by a car during a stunt. Divergent.I remember hearing was gonna be made for tv or something iono the last one was awful

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    they just postponed maze runner because the star almost died in a on set accident. think he was hit by a car during a stunt. Divergent.I remember hearing was gonna be made for tv or something iono the last one was awful
    Like Midvillain said. Maze Runner is on indefinite hiatus, do to the main star having a near fatal accident while shooting the 3rd one. He's undergoing rehab and therapy. Odds are the series won't resume. Divergent suffered a series of diminishing returns ever since the 1st one. The 3rd one flopped, and so far, none of the actors have expressed interest in doing a TV series/movie to wrap it all up. Just as well. Allegiant was terrible.

Like Midvillain said. Maze Runner is on indefinite hiatus, do to the main star having a near fatal accident while shooting the 3rd one. He's undergoing rehab and therapy. Odds are the series won't resume. Divergent suffered a series of diminishing returns ever since the 1st one. The 3rd one flopped, and so far, none of the actors have expressed interest in doing a TV series/movie to wrap it all up. Just as well. Allegiant was terrible.
    The first Divergent film was horrible and it butchered the first book which was the best of the three novels anyways. The maze runner trilogy was just okay in book form and I never bothered with the movies. Honestly if they wanted to finish the series they could do it with a stand in in a green body suit and cgi whoever the teen idol was that was in it once he got better.

The worst novel series ever has to go to the Half Bad, Half Wild, Half Twisted series.

spoilers:
    the main character impregnates his female love interest before she turns psycho and kills his father then his male love interest dies and the main character loses all will to live and turns into a tree
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    The first Divergent film was horrible and it butchered the first book which was the best of the three novels anyways. The maze runner trilogy was just okay in book form and I never bothered with the movies. Honestly if they wanted to finish the series they could do it with a stand in in a green body suit and cgi whoever the teen idol was that was in it once he got better.

The worst novel series ever has to go to the Half Bad, Half Wild, Half Twisted series.

spoilers:
    the main character impregnates his female love interest before she turns psycho and kills his father then his male love interest dies and the main character loses all will to live and turns into a tree
    end of spoilers
    Your telling me you've never been so depressed you wished you could turn into a tree???? ... Yea me neither lol that story sounds awfull. like why dafuq did someone publish that awfull.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Your telling me you've never been so depressed you wished you could turn into a tree???? ... Yea me neither lol that story sounds awfull. like why dafuq did someone publish that awfull.
    The first two books in the series are decent but she tanked the ending hard. If you want a good trilogy read the Red Rising series or the Reckoners.

Funny, the third Hunger Games book and the accompanying movie adaptations, were also the worst in their series. SMH

Incredible Member

Well, unless you count the reboot they are doing.

But yeah, I wasn't expecting a third Kick-Ass. I'm just disappointed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Lol wtf please tell me that's not actually a YA novel?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Will Hatch View Post
    Well, unless you count the reboot they are doing.
    Reboots are reboots. Like how TASM isn't Spider-Man 4 and Homecoming isn't TASM 3. Reboot HellBoy won't explore the twins he had with Liz at the end of The Golden Army.

I'm most bummed there will be no Tron 3 (thanks to Tomorrowland) and no Sin City 3.

There are still good stories to adapt for Sin City.

Family Values, Hell and Back, Blue Eyes, And Behind Door Number 3, etc.