1.Absu, Suffocation, Dark Tranquillity, Darkthrone, Kreator, Cannibal Corpse, Savatage, Graveland, tons of bands, really.

2. Most bands release newer material for their fanbase, if innovation occurs I havent heard it and or am unaware of it seeing as I just listen to my favorite albums/recognized albums from the bands I love.

3. Mastodon, TBDM, Behemoth are probably the closest underground bands can come to that level of success, the music doesn't have the mainstream appeal it once did.

4. Listened to stuff like Evanescence, Linkin Park, which graduated to Slipknot/Hatebreed/Ill Nino (thanks Punisher soundtrack) and then became whatever blasphemous/cool band name my friend could rip for me off of Limewire which graduated into an obsession of buying cds from just about ever band. Hatebreed/Slipknot gave way to Cradle of Filth, God Dethroned, Cannibal Corpse, Behemoth, Pantera, and then from there I got into more underground label stuff in the late 2000s and here I am today

5. Sabbath was the first metal band, nuff said

6. I've been apart of many metal forums over the 13-14 years I've loved the music