Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member Spiritualcramp's Avatar

1.Absu, Suffocation, Dark Tranquillity, Darkthrone, Kreator, Cannibal Corpse, Savatage, Graveland, tons of bands, really.

2. Most bands release newer material for their fanbase, if innovation occurs I havent heard it and or am unaware of it seeing as I just listen to my favorite albums/recognized albums from the bands I love.

3. Mastodon, TBDM, Behemoth are probably the closest underground bands can come to that level of success, the music doesn't have the mainstream appeal it once did.

4. Listened to stuff like Evanescence, Linkin Park, which graduated to Slipknot/Hatebreed/Ill Nino (thanks Punisher soundtrack) and then became whatever blasphemous/cool band name my friend could rip for me off of Limewire which graduated into an obsession of buying cds from just about ever band. Hatebreed/Slipknot gave way to Cradle of Filth, God Dethroned, Cannibal Corpse, Behemoth, Pantera, and then from there I got into more underground label stuff in the late 2000s and here I am today

5. Sabbath was the first metal band, nuff said

6. I've been apart of many metal forums over the 13-14 years I've loved the music

Ultimate Member

Thin Lizzy- Spirit Slips Away

Part 1 in a four part series! http://community.comicbookresources....Collect-Em-All!

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

New Annihilator! Feels like they're channeling old school Megadeth here! \m/ ��\m/
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

Quote Originally Posted by beetheb View Post

2. What's your take on the current, very fractious state of metal? Is it stagnating?

3. Will there ever be another Metallica, or is the metal super band well and truly dead?

4. What got you into the genre? Mtv? Older brother? Friends? Radio? What was your path?
    2. The music is there but YOU have to actively search for it. Music companies used to search/package/advertise/deliver the product to the radio/store. Those days are done & are not coming back.

Now we look to Youtube & other "areas" for our new/up & coming bands.

3. No. Hip-Hop is in it's ascendancy & it's appeal is far, far larger than the metal genre. Metal has perhaps hit its evolutionary peak. The thirst for new music/bands will continue but we are on our own. Metal Darwinism is in full effect.

4. Guitar players like EVH, Gary Moore, Blackmore captured my mind with their musical gymnastics. Now we look to new younger guitar heroes like Andy James, Jeff Loomis, Abasi, Govan to wind our hearts & minds.

Ultimate Member

Since he came up...

Ultimate Member

late 80's

Ultimate Member

had this album back in the day and somehow I still have a cassette mix tape of various metal and alt rock tunes with this song on it

Ultimate Member

Ultimate Member

I'm not an expert on this band but I've become intrigued after watching a few videos

Ultimate Member

Ultimate Member

Ultimate Member

Ultimate Member

gee...I know I'm not the only person who likes metal around here...

Ultimate Member