Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Invincible Member

Invincible Member

Invincible Member

Invincible Member

The Great Kat had even less than 15 minutes of fame back in the mid-80's. Her thing was she had all this classical music training and tried to position herself as a more outrageous female Yngwie. It's funny cuz I sued to buy records at a famous local store called Wax Trax ( they actually formed a label themselves ) and for the longest time I'd always see her record in the used section. Other people's records would get picked up quickly but her's stayed there for like over a year.

Um...I'm gonna go out for some beer now...

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    The Great Kat had even less than 15 minutes of fame back in the mid-80's. Her thing was she had all this classical music training and tried to position herself as a more outrageous female Yngwie. It's funny cuz I sued to buy records at a famous local store called Wax Trax ( they actually formed a label themselves ) and for the longest time I'd always see her record in the used section. Other people's records would get picked up quickly but her's stayed there for like over a year.

Um...I'm gonna go out for some beer now...
    It's funny that you would post this. Yesterday I was at my friend's vinyl shop and he just got two of her albums in a CD lot he bought AND got new copies of the albums on vinyl as well. The vinyl got put out yesterday while I was there and within 30 minutes someone bought one of them.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Shirt Is Optional Member Attila Kiss's Avatar

Yeah, I'm not sure why her albums were collecting dust in Chicago, but every music store I frequented, had hard time keeping her releases in stock. In fact they are quite rare and people usually sign up on a waiting list to get them. She is still doing her thing. These days with more sexualized image, very short songs in length and a wide open mouth.
    links to my books:
    "TWISTED HOLIDAY HORROR TALES"
    @ comiXology
    @ IndyPlanet
    "Blues Ratz"
    @ Amazon: Spec. BLUE Version Paperback
    @ IndyPlanet: Collected Edition

Invincible Member

Well, I was talking about like 30yrs ago when her record first came out. For what ever reason it just sat there in the used bin. Anyone from Accept to Zeotrope ( I bought that album!) would be gone in either a few weeks or a couple of months, but hers just sat there for like a year. I just thought that was funny...

Invincible Member

Contraband was a "super-group" made up of members of LA Guns, Ratt, and Vixen, plus Micheal Schenker. Here they do pretty decent version of Mott The Hoople's "All The Way From Memphis"

I'm uploading this thing from it looks like an interview from Headbangers Ball because the quality of the video is better than the other one that's just the vid I found on Youtube which looks like something someone uploaded from their VHS copy...

Having said all that, even though as a band I thought LA Guns was kinda meh outside of a few songs that I really like, Tracii Guns was a really talented hard rock guitarist that never got his due.He really needed to be in a band with better songwriters.

Invincible Member

Those first few opening notes of this song are I think just awesome. Zakk Wylde flexing his country roots...

Plus I think those are Ozzy's kids in the vid...maybe. In "Crazy Babies" I'm pretty sure it's Kelly and his older daughter.
    Last edited by ed2962; 12-28-2018 at 09:24 PM.

Invincible Member

Back in the day when the first Body Count album came out and there was all the controversy over the song "Cop Killer" I as an African American living in "the Hood" went to a independent black owned record store and they refused to sell it to me because they "didn't know who I was" and I "could be anyone." It's pretty ironic that for the last what, like 15 yrs Ice has played a cop on TV.

Anyway, here's a pretty decent cover of Suicidal Tendencies "Institutionalized"

The lady in the the begining with the plastic surgery is Ice's real life wife...

Contraband was a "super-group" made up of members of LA Guns, Ratt, and Vixen, plus Micheal Schenker. Here they do pretty decent version of Mott The Hoople's "All The Way From Memphis"

I'm uploading this thing from it looks like an interview from Headbangers Ball because the quality of the video is better than the other one that's just the vid I found on Youtube which looks like something someone uploaded from their VHS copy...

Having said all that, even though as a band I thought LA Guns was kinda meh outside of a few songs that I really like, Tracii Guns was a really talented hard rock guitarist that never got his due.He really needed to be in a band with better songwriters.
    I wrote about the album in my Cassette Chronicles series. I wasn't quite taken with most of the album.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Invincible Member

Greta Van Fleet is a band that's been getting some attention lately for being really young and HEAVILY Zeppelin influenced.

Even though, yeah they are a Led Zep rip-off, they're really REALLY GOOD at it. As opposed some bands we've had to endure over the years.

Invincible Member

Case in point, these guys:

Kingdom Come had a hit record with this song, but faced almost immediate backlash.

Invincible Member

For further contrast, here's Whitesnake with Steve Vai on guitar doing a great version of a "Kashmir" influenced song

Invincible Member

Having said all that, and ignoring the cheese factor of this video, I actually did sorta like this song from KC 2nd album