Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default How long will these Comics last?

Anyone have an idea or know how many issues will these comics have before they're done?

Deadly Class
    Low
    Black Science
    Saga
    Lazarus
    Kill or Be Killed

Feel free to note other books I haven't noted above. Those are ones I'm reading through trade that I can think of off the top of my head as I'm close to knocking out.

Thanks!

Spectacular Member Paulie Blade's Avatar

I think it was once said (perhaps by Greg Rucka himself) that if everything goes right then Lazarus will definitely reach a three digit numbering.

Iirc, Brubaker mentioned KOBK would be his longest series yet.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

I think I remember seeing something about Deadly Class being like 30-something issues long (noticing a trend in these replies?).
    image Ascender, Birthright, Deadly Class, Die, Lazarus, Monstress, Nocterra, Oblivion Song, Rat Queens, Realm, Reaver, Redneck, Sweet Paprika Marvel Excalibur, Marauders, X-Force, X-Men DC Batman/Catwoman, Wonder Girl Dynamite Red Sonja, Vengeance of Vampirella Boom Dark Blood, Once & Future, Something is Killing the Children

LOW and Deadly Class upwards of the 30's I believe. Possibly more.

Brubaker stated he was told by another writer of note (I forget who, I'm sorry) to aim for at least 50 for KoBK.

Lazarus will run until Rucka and Lark die.

Lazarus was 25-30% done when the second hardcover came out.
    http://comicbook.com/2016/05/16/stor...rk-on-lazarus/
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Mighty Member

I believe Remender said Black Science would run ~40 issues. Rucka initially said triple digits for Lazarus, but has backed off that estimate more recently. East of West about 45 issues.

Thanks for all the info so far! I love a good finite story, that's why I ask. I've got a lot of the trades of the books I mentioned, but haven't stayed current in reading, opting to wait until some are done so I can binge the whole series consecutively.

Any ideas on Outcast? Walking Dead? I've heard WD could last until Kirkman shits himself properly, but I've also heard he has "an end in sight/mind". And I have no sources to quote, I may just be hallucinating.

My understanding is that, while Vaughan has an end in mind for Saga, there's no fixed timeline as to when that will happen. But I trust him to finish up when it's time to finish up.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    My understanding is that, while Vaughan has an end in mind for Saga, there's no fixed timeline as to when that will happen. But I trust him to finish up when it's time to finish up.
    Yup, Vaughan says he has the final page ready in his mind, but length of the series is largely dependent on Staples' involvement (and sales, I imagine).

That said, I recall some remarks saying he could see it running longer than his previous big series (Y: Last Man was 60, I think Ex Machina ran for 50?), possibly past 100. At this point I'd say the 60 sounds like a safe bet certainly, since that's only ~15 issues away, and I think they would make a pretty big deal out of "the final year!" or something. Like Invincible is doing right now.

Orrrrrrrrrr maybe they'll just end it completely out of the blue in some shocking fashion that blindsides readers, that'd fit with Saga's M.O. haha.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSnorefest View Post
    Yup, Vaughan says he has the final page ready in his mind, but length of the series is largely dependent on Staples' involvement (and sales, I imagine).
    Yep, that's the interview I was thinking of. Thanks!

I've read that from quite a few writers.. that they know what the last page will be or how it will end.. and that getting to that point is what's in flux.

I know Invisible Republic is slated for 30 issues, but does anyone have the straight poop on how long No Mercy or this arc of Stray Bullets will be?
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Now that it's over and I've got all the trades, I'll be reading Chew & Nailbiter soon. I also have to get into Ghosted and Sheltered.