• Powers

15 28.85%
  • Tools

25 48.08%
  • It doesn't matter

12 23.08%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Phantom Lady: Powers Or Tools?

Do you prefer Phantom Lady's abilities be a result of super powers or tools she uses?

I personally prefer equipment though it be only allowed to turn her invisible and intangible

BANNED

I don't really care as long as they pick one and then stick with it for at least 20 years.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Tools. Her black light ray is a classic device. I also prefer her with goggles that allow her to see within her black light.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Tools. Not everyone needs to have super powers to be a badass.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Do you prefer Phantom Lady's abilities be a result of super powers or tools she uses?

I personally prefer equipment though it be only allowed to turn her invisible and intangible
    Alternatively, if she has powers, they can be a result of her experimenting on herself. Say Stormy is inspired by the legend of the original Phantom Lady and grants herself superpowers

Hmm. I am not sure. I like her ability to "Phantom Out" which is better as a true power. But I also like the Black Light and goggles to see in the darkness, which I feel is better as a gadget (tool).

Maybe a combo if both? That's how I always thought of Phantom Lady.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Hmm. I am not sure. I like her ability to "Phantom Out" which is better as a true power. But I also like the Black Light and goggles to see in the darkness, which I feel is better as a gadget (tool).

Maybe a combo if both? That's how I always thought of Phantom Lady.
    That could work too. Kind of like how Spider-Man does have powers but still relies on equipment

Astonishing Member

Powers.

I liked her black light ray too but that era is over.

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    Powers.

I liked her black light ray too but that era is over.

I believe the likes of Green Lantern and Iron Man prove that to be false.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    What do those two have to do with this?

That could work too. Kind of like how Spider-Man does have powers but still relies on equipment
    Thanks. One can have both powers and equipment. Like Spidey as you mentioned or the Black Widow.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    What do those two have to do with this?
    Well, I would guess that it's because Green Lantern and Iron Man gain their abilities from devices (a ring / a suit of armor) rather than having actual super powers that are a part of their biological makeup.
    (Though, granted, these days Iron Man seems to have internalized his armor, though I also assume it could still be surgically separated from him.)

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Thanks. One can have both powers and equipment. Like Spidey as you mentioned or the Black Widow.
    When did Widow have powers

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Well, I would guess that it's because Green Lantern and Iron Man gain their abilities from devices (a ring / a suit of armor) rather than having actual super powers that are a part of their biological makeup.
    (Though, granted, these days Iron Man seems to have internalized his armor, though I also assume it could still be surgically separated from him.)

Exactly. Both Green Lantern and Iron Man get their abilities from devices instead of having actual super-powers.

When did Widow have powers
    Besides her training in Karate, Judo, Akido, Savate and Boxing, Natasha had all the Red Room Training in shooting, espionage, ways to kill a person, etc.

Then the retcon gave her a Russian variant of the American Super-Soldier formula. So while not Captain America, Nat can still bench 500 pounds, with increased speed, agility and stamina. She also ages slowly.