Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member

Yeah this was good. I'm surprised the plot is moving this quickly when we still have so many issues to go.

I still hate the whole idea of Joker's Daughter though, so not a fan of the cliffhanger.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Loved Penguin in this issue. Oswald taking out a room of armed thugs by himself just proves what a badass he can be. I'm sick of Penguin being used as everyone's punching bag/stool pigeon. More of this please.

Glad that Bard has some shady aspects to his character. He was seeming way too good to be true before, but now the chances of him being a possible adversary to Batman are about the same as him being an ally.

I have no delusions that the Scarecrow is going to be killed off by the Joker's Daughter, but I hoped he doesn't get punked by her or reduced to being her lackey. Seeing one of the classic rogues getting punked by one of the new ones is always seriously annoying, especially one as lame as JD.

Bard's a douche wheel. How dare he talk to Bats like that. Obviously his plan ends up flopping since we know kingpin Selina has the police in her back pocket.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Loved Penguin in this issue. Oswald taking out a room of armed thugs by himself just proves what a badass he can be. I'm sick of Penguin being used as everyone's punching bag/stool pigeon. More of this please.

Glad that Bard has some shady aspects to his character. He was seeming way too good to be true before, but now the chances of him being a possible adversary to Batman are about the same as him being an ally.

I have no delusions that the Scarecrow is going to be killed off by the Joker's Daughter, but I hoped he doesn't get punked by her or reduced to being her lackey. Seeing one of the classic rogues getting punked by one of the new ones is always seriously annoying, especially one as lame as JD.
    I have no desire to see the Arkham storyline turn into anything resembling an Underworld Unleashed where all Batman's foes get weird mystical power upgrades. But amid the coolness of some ghostly stuff and a sequel to The Cult that pits Croc's sewer society against occult Blackfire hobos ... I'm kind of hoping Scarecrow gets upped, costume-wise, to something a little more Arkham-esque. I've hated every Scarecrow costume ever except for the 80s orange "hooded" one. The ultra-thin guy with a sack on his head, a big hat, possibly a pitchfork ... could be the scariest thing ever. And if there's one Batman villain who should be less "street crime with a flair for card games" and more "horror" it's probably the guy who uses Fear Gas as a weapon.

Also they should just turn Maxie Zeus blue and give him electric powers. Come on, Arkham Asylum was 25 years ago and Maxie Zeus still isn't an electric-powered argon-blue grid-god. What with Harper Row's upcoming Bluebird gig, timing's like perfect.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

I loved this issue just like last weeks. Bard arresting Falcone, Penguin, and Forbes was great and it is cool to finally see the non superhero of Gotham: Vicky, Bard, Bullock, and GCPD cops. Always good to see more of Red Robbin written well to and I can't wait until Harper finally becomes Blue Bird. Also the whole foreshadowing of Gordon telling Batman it was time for a new commissioner and side kick was kind of cool too.
    I love the New 52. I love the dark and grittiness of it and find that is what makes the most enjoyable superhero stories. At the same time I find All Star Superman to be the most depressing Superman story I have ever read. Yeah I'm weird.

Another cracking issue. Probably my favourite so far.

Penguin was awesome.

Really didn't enjoy Penguin in this at all. I understand that they backed Cobblepot into a corner but its been awile since we saw the Penguin act as smart as he is stop posed to be. Not a fan at all.

This is my favorite issue so far. Especially since the Penguin finally saw some action again. And the payoff for Bard's character was HUGE this issue as well! I love the way they are contrasting Bard's and Gordon's character and using Batman as a moral compass between the two. Future interactions between Batman and Bard should be VERY interesting!!!

Oswald went a little crazy there. Things are going to get interesting in Blackgate. I knew something about Bard was too good to be true. I was hoping for more of a clash between Tim and Harper but I guess I can wait for that. The focus on Joker's Daughter and the Ghost are going to be hard for me to get through, but as long as the stories featuring Tim, Steph, Gordon, and Julia keep moving forward I'll stick with the title.

Oh, and the Lion-Catwoman thing is a little heavy handed but it should have a decent payoff.
    It's all just an opinion. Stop taking me so damn seriously.

If any comic is gonna make me like Jokers Daughter, it will be Batman Eternal.

Hate that she is involved but we'll see what they do with her.

Jason Bard is very interesting. I thought he would be a younger Gordon-ish character, but wow. While his willingness to make some morally grey decision might be necessary with current Gotham's situation, I can't help but feel that this will be the beginning of his downfall, and he might turn into an even worst police than Forbes.