Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

1) T-shirt and jeans Superman trying to stop an innocent man from being executed- Action Comics #1
    2) A modern take on either The K-metal story or Swami Rivera to show Superman's 1st kryptonite encounter
    3) Kryptonite Nevermore- in the pesent continuity and minus the Sand-Superman (just for length)
    4) Superman Takes a Wife (the current continuity retelling of Lois & Clark's wedding)
    5) a potential future tale with Superman and an adult Jon

BANNED

I would like to see in detail the history of Superman as it has now reconfigured post Reborn.

A few pages scripted and drawn by some one like Neil Adams commentating the happy early career of Messrs Siegel and Shuster when they first created Superman.

Spectacular Member

I am a huge fan of Kal-L and would love to see him restored to some role, even if out of uniform acting as a senior statesman with the JSA. He deserved far better in IC and he was teased to return multiple times.

It looks like Convergence brought him back, but I want him back in the game again. I think that would be an appropriate way to recognize the complete history of Superman. There are multiple versions of Superman, and that's okay.

I will like it to be as big as possible.

A cover from Alex Ross.

A story by whoever is writing Action Comics and Superman at the time(probably Jurgens, Tomasi and Gleason), and some classic Superman writers like Waid, Morrison, Johns, Byrne.

Some great writers that never did Superman, like Tom King, Jason Aaron (if he is available, what is dificult), Joshua Williamson and others.

If a miracle happens I would like to see stories by Garth Ennis, Neil Gaiman and Alan Moore on it. Of those the only one I have some measure of hope is Ennis, he seens to be in good terms with DC and isn't above doing some work for hire.

80th anniversary: 8 variant covers, one for each decade of Superman existence by the artists who can best replicate that look.

Or maybe 8 painted variant covers?

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I'd like it to stand totally on its own. A vast assortment of stories by a wide array of creators. 100 pages would be nice!

We will most likely end up with 80 pages of Jon by Tomasi and Jurgens though, with some convoluted plot.

I feel whatever they do this issue needs to be the single biggest issue they ever put out. Not just in terms of page count but in importance as well, I mean one of,if not the most important superhero in comics reaching 1,000 that kind of a big deal.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I think it has to resolve the dangling Kal-L plot thread Johns started in Infinite Crisis. Given that Doomsday Clock will be around the same time, I think that may tie into it.

As long as Grant Morrison is a part of the issue I'll be happy. getting Frank Quitely to draw a few pages would be amazing.

Astonishing Member

Dozens of stories focusing on the many heroes of the Super titles over the years. Gangbuster, Supergirl, Cir-El, Matrix, Luthor, Brainiac, Maxima the Legion etc...

I expect it to follow the same format as Action 900; a main story finishing up whatever the main plot of the book is at the time (for 900 it was that Lex story by Cornell) with several short stories afterwards.

What I'd like to see is the biggest names to work on the character each taking a short story "victory lap" and telling a tale set in the continuity they worked in. Get Morrison, Maggin, Bryne (not a fan but he deserves it), Stern, etc. Maybe get Timm and Dini to do a DCAU tale as well.

Whatever they do, I want it to be the biggest damn thing this industry has ever seen, with the best names around all pitching in. But odds are that sort of celebration will follow the next year with a different character DC feels more comfortable with.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Otherwise though don't worry about trying to make a mark in regards to starting a new arc or direction or "jumping on point" for the character, just focus on honoring his anniversary by telling fun stand-alone tales based off that history.
    Whatever they do, I think the only true mistake would be not providing a set up for Action #1001. Leaving a huge anniversary like this as a "jumping off point" wouldn't be for the best.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

So long as you get me Morrison and Quitely on the book for a story, I'm good. Quitely is done Jupiter's Legacy, so he doesn't have any pressing "monthly" books eating his time. Few pages of a fun story with a nice set up and punchline format from these, and I'm good. Bonus points if they decide to do some father/son or El family stuff.

Aside from that, Timm and Dini would be really nice (and very likely, I feel. Given Dini's random appearance in Reborn). I could also do with some Neil Gaiman (if he's down), and it would be pretty criminal not to let Maggin in on things. Jurgens, Tomasi, Gleason, and Johns are a lock. Gray Frank 100% will be apart of this.

I don't really care all that much about what the story is gonna be. It might be divorced from the main stuff for the sake of accessibility sake, but I can't say for sure because it depends on where they'll be at in the story by then.

But, like I said before, Morrison and Quitely are a must as far as I go.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

One very important thing: NO BATMAN.