Spectacular Member

Default Jokester Appreciation (Earth 3)

Does anyone remember the clown crimefighter from Earth-3? I wish they would have turned this Elseworld into a long-running series rather than just killing this character off. It also gave us a crazy origin story for Joker's Daughter. What are your thoughts about this Elsworld Joker? Feel free to post fan art, pictures, and memes.
    Last edited by kcomics; 05-28-2017 at 07:22 PM.

Spectacular Member

Well, it looks like I'm replying to my own post. I wonder if Jester is the same as Jokester.
    Last edited by kcomics; 05-29-2017 at 04:52 AM.

Astonishing Member

I remember him...and Jester. I liked them both. I just can't imagine how they survived any length of time versus the CSA.

He would be a good alternate skin for Joker in Injustice 2. (I wish there were CSA skins in I2.)

Spectacular Member

Maybe, but I like him as his own character--a superhero Joker. Why didn't DC think that was a good idea? They liked the idea of turning Harley Quinn into a superhero. Why not introduce a superhero Joker from another dimension?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcomics View Post
    Maybe, but I like him as his own character--a superhero Joker. Why didn't DC think that was a good idea? They liked the idea of turning Harley Quinn into a superhero. Why not introduce a superhero Joker from another dimension?
    probably thought it would dilute the actual Joker.

i'd totally check out a Jokester/Jester mini series. big fan of alternate versions of characters.

Spectacular Member

Yeah, my favorite Jokester appearance was in Countdown: Search for Ray Palmer. Jason and company are facing the whole CSA, and Jason says sometime like, "someone, just hit me with a crowbar." Jokester on the other page says something like, "that's a cue if I've ever heard one," and leaps over Jason while saying, "have no fear, you snazzy looking people," and then takes out the whole CSA with a spring-loaded hammer. LOL. Later, he wonders why Jason is giving him the cold shoulder, and Jason yells something like, "the Joker from my planet MURDERED me!" Jokester looks shocked and stammers something like, "well...I'm...so...sorry?" Later, he takes a radiation blast for Jason and the rest of the explorers. Total waste of a potentially wonderful character.

We also found out that Jokester was the father of Duela Dent--Joker's Daughter on Earth 3.
    Last edited by kcomics; 07-11-2017 at 05:14 AM.