Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Ragging on the art?

March couldn't finish his 3rd issue, so they called Burchielli and he did a great job. In a hurry. Its far from "terrible" or "awful" Are you kidding me?

Layman will continue to get story credit, but he is done scripting

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Default Batman Eternal #11 Preview/Discussion/SPOILERS2

http://13thdimension.com/exclusive-p...an-eternal-11/
    s
    Well... this is odd looking artwork for this series. Personally might be better suited when we focus more on the supernatural side with Batwing and Spectre. It's just... really odd and feels out of place with the rest of the issues we had so far.

Finally things are looking interesting again. Though that art is intriguing, i like how gross Scorpiana looks. To me the art looks like a cross between Burnham and Quitely. Its interesting.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    To me the art looks like a cross between Burnham and Quitely. Its interesting.
    Ah! There we go! It's like we go from Quitely and drop slightly to get Burnham and we drop a lot more and then we get Ian Bertram. Yes indeed, this artwork to me just doesn't work with this book at all after artists like Fabok, March, Clarke, and McCarthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    So the next three-issue-arc is Gordon In Jail, followed by Tim Drake and Harper Row again?
    As long as we get some movement on Steph's story I'll be happy to not have Pyg to bore me. Drake's story has some potential. Cullen is going to get some powers.

Bertram is a super weird choice for the book, I knew that before even seeing pages, but still... I like it. Tonally, it's just sort of off, but whatever. Cool art.

Oh good! daddy issues and grown ups acting like brats, such a novelty in the Batman's world.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Conway View Post
    As long as we get some movement on Steph's story I'll be happy to not have Pyg to bore me. Drake's story has some potential. Cullen is going to get some powers.
    Pyg is not boring!!!

....When written correctly. I don't know why this crazy russian spy scientist turned maniac cares about Gotham's mob heirarchy.

yeah this art is super cool!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post
    Bertram is a super weird choice for the book, I knew that before even seeing pages, but still... I like it. Tonally, it's just sort of off, but whatever. Cool art.
    Yeah I like the art, but it's going to be kind of jarring when Batman Eternal trades roll out.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes View Post
    Prediction: the mastermind is Lincoln March who is actually Hush with plastic surgery who is revealed to be manipulated by the Riddler all along who will then be taken down by the Joker.
    This would be genius. Salvages two terrible villains in one stone.

It was definitely hard not to think of Hush when you see the dark silhouette at the end.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes View Post
    Yep, they're very similar thematically and as Vil Dee points out it replaces two crappy characters with only one. Deal!
    Ughh I swear I wrote the above before reading this post.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    http://13thdimension.com/exclusive-p...an-eternal-11/
    s
    Well... this is odd looking artwork for this series. Personally might be better suited when we focus more on the supernatural side with Batwing and Spectre. It's just... really odd and feels out of place with the rest of the issues we had so far.
    Dammit you right, such a waste
    Favorites: Batman, Superman, All-New Wolverine, Deathstroke, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, Doom Patrol

Dat art. It reminds me of a "chibi"-fied Burnham, though I do agree that this book might not have been the best fit for it.

Oh well, can't complain. More variation in mainstream comic art is always welcome
    Batgirl - ...BOP - Batman - 'Tec - Nightwing - Supergirl - Titans - Wonder Woman

I also thought Hush when I saw the last page. I would think Owlman, but the problem with him being the mastermind is Forever Evil just ended he is in hiding and I am guessing Eternal is happening not too long after Forever Evil so I doubt Owlman really evens knows enough about Bruce or has had to deal with him so it doesn't really make sense for him to go to such great lengths so early.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ReverseReverseFlash View Post
    Pyg is not boring!!!

....When written correctly. I don't know why this crazy russian spy scientist turned maniac cares about Gotham's mob heirarchy.
    Because they tried to kill Pygg...