Default The Greatest Adventure - Dynamite/Willingham/Burroughs

I picked up the first two issues of this series and, as a fan of Edgar Rice Burroughs who has been making his way through the original novels, I enjoyed them immensely. The first issue is a lot of flashback/set-up, but the second issue is action packed with battles worthy of Burroughs. The only question I have right now is, who is the guy working with the villains? I'm not sure if it's supposed to be John Carter or if it's Tangor from "Beyond the Farthest Star." I am definitely looking forward to the rest of this series.

Reading the solicitations for the next few issues, I am really looking forward to the upcoming journeys to Pellucidar and Barsoom. I am currently into ERB's "crossover novels" in my Burroughs reading and am enjoying the heck out of them. Some novels are better than others, of course, but all of the ones I have read so far have been at least good, many of them I thought were great.

Mystery solved. The preview for issue #3 reveals it is Tarzan look-alike actor Esteban Miranda, and his female counterpart is none other than La of Opar.

For any curious how long this series will run, Willingham's Facebook page confirmed #9 will be the final issue of this storyline.

Finally got to read issue 3. Interesting that the son of Nikolas Rokoff is the lead villain. I like the use of Esteban Miranda. The meeting between La and Jane played well, I think. I'm looking forward to issue 4 and Pellucidar. Also, I need to read more ERB to get the backstories for more of these characters. They function fine within the story, it's just my own curiosity.