Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Batman and Robin - Grant Morrison

I've got the 1st two trades of Morrison's Batman and Robin run on the way from Amazon. Thoughts/opinions on these volumes? I'm looking forward to reading then.

Quote Originally Posted by acnblj View Post
    I've got the 1st two trades of Morrison's Batman and Robin run on the way from Amazon. Thoughts/opinions on these volumes? I'm looking forward to reading then.
    They are amazing, however they are the middle part of a large story. For the most part you will be fine reading them alone, but it does have a lot of stuff that ties into Morrison's run. Also if you are not aware it is not Bruce as Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    They are amazing, however they are the middle part of a large story. For the most part you will be fine reading them alone, but it does have a lot of stuff that ties into Morrison's run. Also if you are not aware it is not Bruce as Batman.
    What's the first part of the story? Yes, I am aware that it's not Bruce. Thanks for the reply!

What's the first part of the story? Yes, I am aware that it's not Bruce. Thanks for the reply!
    Batman: Son of Batman Deluxe
    Batman RIP

These two big trades cover the beginning of Morrison's run.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Probably the best part of Morrison's Bat epic.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Batman: Son of Batman Deluxe
    Batman RIP

These two big trades cover the beginning of Morrison's run.
    Ugh... I assumed vol1 meant beginning of story. Looks like I'll have to get those and read them first. Thanks!!

Ugh... I assumed vol1 meant beginning of story. Looks like I'll have to get those and read them first. Thanks!!
    Easy mistake. This will tell you more:

http://community.comicbookresources....-Recent-Events
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

All-New Member

I would have recommended the Absolute edition if it's still available. Great run.

Thanks! Great suggestions!

Morrison's run jumped around between various titles. Batman and Robin does serve as an effective starting point, though it is part of a greater Batman saga. The complete reading order is as follows:

Batman and Son (New Edition)
    RIP
    Time and the Batman
    Final Crisis
    Batman and Robin Vols 1-2
    The Return of Bruce Wayne
    Batman and Robin Vol 3
    Batman Incorporated
    New 52 Batman Incorporated Vols 1-2

It's one of the great Batman/Batfamily runs out there, very bold and imaginative, though it can be off-putting to start, due to how it draws upon different decades and eras of Batman in the comic space to inform the greater narrative.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Probably the best part of Morrison's Bat epic.
    Pretty much this^^

It's really good. His entire run is friggin' awesome (although i didn't like the Return of BW), but Batman Inc is for me the highest point. Magnificent story.
    - We were the BEST, Richard. No matter what anyone thinks. - Damian Wayne.

Green Lantern Spanish Fan Site HERE

Astonishing Member

You're in for a treat. The highpoint of Grant Morrison's awesome Batman run.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    Morrison's run jumped around between various titles. Batman and Robin does serve as an effective starting point, though it is part of a greater Batman saga. The complete reading order is as follows:

RIP
    Time and the Batman
    Final Crisis
    Batman and Robin Vol 3
    Batman Incorporated

It's one of the great Batman/Batfamily runs out there, very bold and imaginative, though it can be off-putting to start, due to how it draws upon different decades and eras of Batman in the comic space to inform the greater narrative.
    We're in agreement. Highly recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post

RIP
    Time and the Batman
    Final Crisis
    Batman and Robin Vol 3
    Batman Incorporated

My favorite Batman run of all-time!! I have a small quibble though with the order here..."Time & the Batman" gives away the ending of "Final Crisis", and in my opinion should be read after "Batman & Robin vol 2: Batman vs Robin". Without getting spoilery for the OP, there's a revelation at the end of B&R volume 2 that flows better into "Time & the Batman". There's a reason Morrison had the RIP Missing Chapters (collected in Time and...) published during this timeframe instead of when RIP was going on. Just my 2 cents though. My order would be:

• Batman & Son Deluxe (B&S, The Black Hand)
    • Batman RIP
    • Final Crisis (Batman at first doesn't make sense here, but he's not intended to. Also, this should be the new edition softcover, as it includes the additional Batman issues needed to make Bruce's journey make sense)
    • Batman & Robin vol 1
    • Batman & Robin vol 2
    • Time and the Batman (the "RIP Missing Chapters" should be read here)
    • Return of Bruce Wayne
    • Batman & Robin vol 3
    • Batman Incorporated
    • New 52 Batman Incorporated vol 1
    • New 52 Batman Incorporated vol 2

Now, if someone was 100% against reading Final Crisis, then I could see moving Time & the Batman to right after RIP, but there's a ton of elements of Final Crisis that come back into play in later chapters of Morrison's saga. I don't recommend skipping it.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."