Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Probably? I thought it was sliced up into twelve sectors. Even so it's like when the temperature gets over 110F By that point its a case of who cares if it gets to 118. The point is that's a pretty big patrolling route.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    You mean 1/3600th of the Universe
    aha they better get good pay for that!

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

That's it!

By bringing in more Earth Green Lanterns the Guardians were planning to cut hours and benefits all around. Art imitating Life.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    aha they better get good pay for that!
    it would be funny if the corps has an actual finance department. imagine being the manager of the coprs "human" resources department.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    it would be funny if the corps has an actual finance department. imagine being the manager of the coprs "human" resources department.
    Well legit think about it. There's no real way you could be a GL and have a civilian job, you're travelling the galaxy ffs, and whilst you may be able to travel faster than light, you can't know that your patrols won't take days/weeks/months at a time.

So how's a green lantern to eat? I refuse to believe the ring provides sustenance and I'm banking GL's won't steal outside desperate survival. The corps must bankroll them in some capacity and with that many GL's floating about my money says they must have a financial department to handle it.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf.B View Post
    Well legit think about it. There's no real way you could be a GL and have a civilian job, you're travelling the galaxy ffs, and whilst you may be able to travel faster than light, you can't know that your patrols won't take days/weeks/months at a time.

So how's a green lantern to eat? I refuse to believe the ring provides sustenance and I'm banking GL's won't steal outside desperate survival. The corps must bankroll them in some capacity and with that many GL's floating about my money says they must have a financial department to handle it.
    I just got an image: GL reaches into his/her lantern and pulls out money. Kind of like a leprechaun's pot of gold only greenbacks instead of coins. The lantern as a portable wallet.

If that ever becomes canon I am buying the issue.

Astonishing Member

actually, imagine being the manager of the glc's legal department.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    I just got an image: GL reaches into his/her lantern and pulls out money. Kind of like a leprechaun's pot of gold only greenbacks instead of coins. The lantern as a portable wallet.

If that ever becomes canon I am buying the issue.
    Hahaha, that's hilarious. It'd work in the USA but no where else on earth. Plus isn't fraud against the GL ethos? Seems like a quick way to piss off the locals you're charged with protecting. I swear to god, the guardians must be bankrolling these guys. But then where are they getting their economy from? Don't tell me they've got investments into asteroid mining companies etc. that brings into question the entire impartiality of the GLcorp. Are the guardians using these guys as muscle to manipulate the intersteller stock market? This is a scandal of literally galactic proportions.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    actually, imagine being the manager of the glc's legal department.
    Scifi version of hell right there, till the scandal breaks. Then it's the GLcorp's PR department.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan

Legal issues. That's when the unlucky get to meet the Guardian's collection agency. Big Brutes with multiple rings aka Green brass knuckles. "Da bosses say it's time youse paid up, loozer."

Amazing Member

These are dark days for the GL corp.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    I swear if Jade and Todd don't come back...
    jade can stay gone tbh

If an alien were to ever become a main focus, it would more than likely have to be very human like in appearance and mannerisms.

If Starfire or Miss Martin's main form from the YJ cartoon looked less human (they are drawn like human women with orange/green skin and slightly different eye colors), I doubt they would resonated with the audience.

I understand by all the earth gls. DC is an American company read by humans as far as we know. Tbh though, once something goes sour with Simon/Jessica I can guarantee that a new Gl will pop up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Troian View Post
    If an alien were to ever become a main focus, it would more than likely have to be very human like in appearance and mannerisms.

If Starfire or Miss Martin's main form from the YJ cartoon looked less human (they are drawn like human women with orange/green skin and slightly different eye colors), I doubt they would resonated with the audience.
    It's not like it can't be done though. Kilowog doesn't look human at all and he's super popular. Hell, One of my favorite DC characters of all time, Gates, doesn't even have a humanoid body shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Troian View Post
    I understand by all the earth gls. DC is an American company read by humans as far as we know. Tbh though, once something goes sour with Simon/Jessica I can guarantee that a new Gl will pop up.
    I mean, it's DC so odds are they will eventually screw things up, but while a new Lantern will probably introduced in the next 15 years, I don't see Simon and Jessica going away. They're on cereal boxes, Jessica is gonna be on an animated series, and they've both already carved out large groups of fans, especially Jessica. Even if something dumb is done with them, they're not going anywhere.

Astonishing Member

you guys seen the new dc films intro? there's a bunch of gl's there. some say they even recognized atrocitus and saint walker.

Fun Fact: There is sector that has over a BILLION Green Lanterns patrolling it...