Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default The hydra trials

Secret Empire will, eventually, end. and someone (maybe a lot of people) are going to take the fall for it. I thought I would make this thread; to keep track of the consequences for the major (and not so major) players. I know that guys like Mister Hyde are, primarily, only appearing in the side books. so, if you are reading that book, please post Hyde's fate. i'll add names as they emerge. i'll speculate on some of them because i'm bored.

Captain America (some kind of self sacrifice after an internal mental struggle - replaced by a time displaced Steve Rogers)

Madame Hydra/Elisa Sinclair (reveals herself to be a hideous HP Lovecraft-esque creature - sent back to the void)
    Update: currently presumed dead - explosion

Isaac Newton (some kind of magical destruction)

Kraken (he'll escape - he was already off the radar)

Hive (monsters don't make it out of these things - he's going to die- and it's going to be messy)

Doctor Faustus (they've had him go fugitive/talk his way out of doing serious time before - but he's played a much larger role in this event- if he doesn't die, I figure he'll wind up in a secret prison with a gag in his mouth)

Viper/Ophelia Sarkissian (she'll slither away with renewed focus - it's what she does)
    Update: leveraged by Black Widow/fugitive from Hydra

Gorgon (hard to say - he's been dead before - maybe he accompanies Viper - or maybe he winds up in a deep dark hole)

Arnim Zola
    Update: taken out during the Wakanda raid?

Deadpool update: attempted to defect. Currently on the outs with the hero community. Being hunted by Quake.

Helmut Zemo (it's going to be heartbreaking when his bromance with Steve occurs - I would like to think that this leads to a bigger villain role for Helmut - but he might also be imprisoned, in the interim; movie synergy)

Scarlet Witch/Chthon (solicits suggest no consequences unless you count the mean mugging by Rogue)

Vision (no clue - he's had a rough year)

Odinson (worthiness? he is a movie star again)

Superior Octopus/Otto Octavius (he'll escape to heal up after losing decisively to Peter- they are developing him as a recurring Spider-man villain)

Taskmaster (he'll either turn/provide evidence to prosecute others or escape back to Bagallia; a non-extradition treaty country)
    Black Ant (imprisonment and turning on the others)

Mister Hyde (human testing kind of crosses a line; especially when you're decked out in fascist garb - I see execution in his future)

Moonstone (if anyone can come out of this in a better position, it's probably Karla - but this latest turn kind of solidifies her as a villain - she'll either escape or be part of the standard villain roundup)

Fixer (like Moonstone, I could see him running away/going underground; maybe with Zemo - I think his days as a reluctant hero are over)

Atlas (I don't like Erik's chances - he's committed the worst crime, of all; cowardice - it's his third or fourth strike - I kind of doubt that he survives)

Blackout (back to the void for poor Marcus - he's not mentally competent - I don't see him as Thunderbolts material; although maybe someone like Moonstone uses him to escape)
    Update: Shot/killed by Maria Hill

Baron Mordo (he'll never see trial - his encounter with Strange will either lead to some kind of banishment or the traditional live to fight another day ending)

Harry Hauser (my expectations are that he dies - he's a relatively minor character and is already guilty of poisoning a senator - Rogers will probably have him killed, at some point)

various Manhattan Attack Villains (deportation for some, incarceration for others, but Trapster is probably dead)

Punisher/Frank Castle

Hulk
    Update: returned to a deathlike state after trashing the decoy resistance

Namor
    Update: truce ended
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 09-15-2017 at 11:13 AM.