Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    you aren't communicating with one of those people. the guy probably had it coming. but he should have had his day in court.
    And I was against too making a martyr of terrorists just serve their fight, for me. But we are talking about the Marvel Universe and, once again, when you have people who can with a thought (like graviton) kill millions, even billions, of people, the rules are not the same. The only problem that I have with Pleasant Hill is the utilisation of a cosmic cube: using an almost omnipotent reality altering device for rehabilitating criminals, it's like killing ants with an atomic bomb. It's dangerous and stupid.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    And I was against too making a martyr of terrorists just serve their fight, for me. But we are talking about the Marvel Universe and, once again, when you have people who can with a thought (like graviton) kill millions, even billions, of people, the rules are not the same. The only problem that I have with Pleasant Hill is the utilisation of a cosmic cube: using an almost omnipotent reality altering device for rehabilitating criminals, it's like killing ants with an atomic bomb. It's dangerous and stupid.
    but you've just made a great case for putting mutants in camps/quarantine.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

but you've just made a great case for putting mutants in camps/quarantine.
    Mutants who've been proven to commit criminal acts that result in mass deaths and destruction, not just "we're scared because they're mutants, so we're preemptively locking them away."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Mutants who've been proven to commit criminal acts that result in mass deaths and destruction, not just "we're scared because they're mutants, so we're preemptively locking them away."
    what about "minor" deaths? superheroes in general contribute to more property damage than your average person. but the X-Men also seem to have racked up a number of kills; along the way.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

what about "minor" deaths? superheroes in general contribute to more property damage than your average person. but the X-Men also seem to have racked up a number of kills; along the way.
    Almost all the superheroes these days have. The X-Men just get singled out more because mutants are already treated and perceived by and large as subhuman mongrels too dangerous to integrate or be integrated with humanity.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Ultimate Member

Paste Pot Pete? wasn't aware that he was a mass murderer? was that in one of the Panini comics?
    Paste Pot Pete, or Trapster, killed Joey Z to frame Spider-man. So that's first degree murder, murder for hire and I imagine a few other criminal violations that should have him in jail for at least 15 years consecutive. You think

I don't remember you ever saying this. certainly doesn't sound like your usual "everyone's a Nazi" diatribe.
    Couple things...

1) You say 'I've never heard you say this' like it means anything. It doesn't.

2) I've actually said Pleasant Hill is/was a stupid exploitation of genre conventions many times. You need to stalk me better

3) Referring to my past comments regarding Nazis, the crux was Hydra is a nazi organization. Dunno how you took that to mean everyone, but it does speak towards your comprehension ability

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Paste Pot Pete, or Trapster, killed Joey Z to frame Spider-man. So that's first degree murder, murder for hire and I imagine a few other criminal violations that should have him in jail for at least 15 years consecutive. You think

Couple things...

1) You say 'I've never heard you say this' like it means anything. It doesn't.

2) I've actually said Pleasant Hill is/was a stupid exploitation of genre conventions many times. You need to stalk me better

3) Referring to my past comments regarding Nazis, the crux was Hydra is a nazi organization. Dunno how you took that to mean everyone, but it does speak towards your comprehension ability
    zzzzzzzzzz

Incredible Member

then why not just be pro-murdering Nitro? you've already lost the moral battle. why not go all the way?
    You can't actually lose a moral battle. It's opinion vs opinion.

Ultimate Member

zzzzzzzzzz
    So basically you can't acknowledge my points without admitting I'm right. Per usual

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    You can't actually lose a moral battle. It's opinion vs opinion.
    Yes, so why not go all the way?

Haven't read any tie ins or Legacy so I'm speaking from ignorance but have there been any trials or punishment? Is this going to be covered in Omega? I refuse to believe that with all that's happened this gets treated as just another day in the 616 Universe.
    "Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy... and we shall have peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Peril View Post
    Haven't read any tie ins or Legacy so I'm speaking from ignorance but have there been any trials or punishment? Is this going to be covered in Omega? I refuse to believe that with all that's happened this gets treated as just another day in the 616 Universe.
    we haven't seen any trials, yet. we did see Mister Hyde being arrested. and Hydra-Cap is, currently, in a secret prison.

Ultimate Member

we haven't seen any trials, yet. we did see Mister Hyde being arrested. and Hydra-Cap is, currently, in a secret prison.
    Why exactly are we expecting to see any trials?

Wakanda and Atlantis aren't U.S. allies, irrc (the US has attempted to destabilize Wakanda, in the past). and it looked like a French division of Hydra that took over Paris; as if they were simply homegrown sympathizers. I could be wrong, though.
    Whether allies or not, crimes were committed places other than the US, so Hydra gets held to account in those other places or in an international tribunal, not just in the US. Either that, or the world justifiably goes to war with the US to get at Hydra...

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Whether allies or not, crimes were committed places other than the US, so Hydra gets held to account in those other places or in an international tribunal, not just in the US. Either that, or the world justifiably goes to war with the US to get at Hydra...
    kind of a moot point, now. Stevil pardoned himself. the world isn't going to go to war with the U.S; who were just as much the victims in this.