All-New Member

Default Classic X-Force, what goes between #43 and #44?

So I've been combing through the original X-Force for a couple weeks, and searching various online resources, trying to figure out when the heck they finished the fight that was started just before, and interrupted by, Age of Apocalypse.

Issue 43 of X-Force is the false-ending to the Reignfire thing, when they initially tell us that Reignfire was Roberto the whole time (later retconned) and oh no it's this huge, dramatic, emotional moment-- and then Age of Apocalypse happens and all the X-titles get suspended for a few months.

After Age of Apocalypse ends and all the normal titles start back up again, issue 44 of X-Force comes out, the fight is now over, and everybody keeps making references to how Cable telepathically fixed Roberto's head and everything's fine now. For the life of me, I cannot find this ever happening on-panel. Did it happen in one of the other series, or in a special, and I've just missed it? Or did they never actually draw this pivotal scene and the vague references to it in the dialogue are really all there is?

Pretty sure they just skipped the entire conclusion of the story. Which, while frustrating and annoying, I also find hilarious.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sand3 View Post
    So I've been combing through the original X-Force for a couple weeks, and searching various online resources, trying to figure out when the heck they finished the fight that was started just before, and interrupted by, Age of Apocalypse.

Issue 43 of X-Force is the false-ending to the Reignfire thing, when they initially tell us that Reignfire was Roberto the whole time (later retconned) and oh no it's this huge, dramatic, emotional moment-- and then Age of Apocalypse happens and all the X-titles get suspended for a few months.

After Age of Apocalypse ends and all the normal titles start back up again, issue 44 of X-Force comes out, the fight is now over, and everybody keeps making references to how Cable telepathically fixed Roberto's head and everything's fine now. For the life of me, I cannot find this ever happening on-panel. Did it happen in one of the other series, or in a special, and I've just missed it? Or did they never actually draw this pivotal scene and the vague references to it in the dialogue are really all there is?
    it never happened on panel. they skipped it to start semi fresh
    X-Men Forever

All-New Member

That makes it even weirder that they keep referencing it! They talk about how great it was over and over and spin a whole bunch of plot (Roberto getting psychically linked to Cable) off of it and everything. Uhng, X-Force was one of the best titles of the 90's, but still that 90's-Marvel half-assery got to it here and there.

All the X-books skipped some time between right before the Age of Apocalypse and right after.

They eventually do go back and explain what happened with Reignfire.

BANNED

That stuff that went on in x force right when they froze and then turned into age of apocalypse, same thing happened in X Factor too I think.

Minor story arc going good then poof. No more minor stuff right after age of apocalypse.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    All the X-books skipped some time between right before the Age of Apocalypse and right after.

They eventually do go back and explain what happened with Reignfire.
    Do you remember when?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Do you remember when?
    Sometime around the late 70s early 80s issue numbers if I remember correctly.

There was a special released after AOA called X-Men Prime, and if has about a page or so of X-Force stuff in it, that kind of wraps up the story....In a really weak and quick way...

A later Xforce arc explains everything bit its all a big retcon

The actual battle is never seen on panel

And many interesting Fabian plots were dropped as the next issue after AoA was the start of Jeph Loebs run
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-