Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

I miss the old Johns JSA Hawkman who forged his armor by hand and didn't have this weird parasitic armor thing.

He'd better hit Green Arrow pretty soon, too.

Now this is Manhunter that I can enjoy, actually doing something decent with his telepathy for once without acting like a dick or "threat" being out of control and him just receiving painful feedback.

As for Hawkman, Futures End implies that he cannot be killed.

Quote Originally Posted by ReverseReverseFlash View Post
    I miss the old Johns JSA Hawkman who forged his armor by hand and didn't have this weird parasitic armor thing.

He'd better hit Green Arrow pretty soon, too.
    I love the weird parasitic armor thing, and I'm betting Hawkman does too.

I bet that he's ecstatic he's still alive to thank whatever god or gods he worships, that he has that weird parasitic armor thing.
    WHO DAT?!!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by BaneofKings View Post
    Cliffhanger seems to indicate the death of Hawkman.

What did you think?
    Spells death for one of them ... and the grandfather says that Mii can make it all go away with just one word. What is all this about spelling and words! Death is symbolically the end of the old (which occurs before the beginning of the new). It could just be that Mii sees the loss of her old life if she embraces the new. We know that super heroes have secret identities - that they remain, in part, their old selves when they become super heroes - but does Mii know that? In comics, most people do not know the hero's secret identity. Maybe in Mii's mind, she thinks that once she becomes Equinox, she will stop being Mii and will lose her family and her friends.

Agree that Hawkman will be rebooted or regenerated - but that something will be missing from him since the brain needs to be regenerated as well. Also that he is the diversion.

Quote Originally Posted by sirjustin86 View Post
    As much as I'm enjoying this native Canadian girl's story, I was expecting her to encounter a Wampa in those scenes and end up with a light-saber... were the allusions to Empire Strikes Back deliberate, or am I just seeing things?
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/pr...pid=22448&pg=1

I think that it was Lemire's attempt to capture elements of First Nation's art.

Quote Originally Posted by ReverseReverseFlash View Post
    But, my view of Canada is strictly South Park-based.
    LOL! Give me a minute as I compose myself. I am trying to imagine what Canada would look like if all one knew about it was from watching South Park. It would be like if all one knew of American history one gleaned from Fairly Odd Parents only worse. Moosenee is right next to Moose Factory and are connected by a winter road (ie very isolated). The old military base really exists - Lemire saw it when he took a trip down there. They are near the James Bay coast - so Northern Ontario.

Joe Shuster (cousin of Frank Shuster of Wayne and Shuster fame) created Superman - instead of Toronto, he created the fictional Metropolis and instead of the Daily Star that Shuster was a paper boy at, Clark Kent worked at the Daily Planet as a journalist. So, when they mention Toronto, think of Metropolis. Toronto is the capital of Ontario - so southern Ontario near the American border getting all the American TV channels. The Tin Man is the Prime Minister of Canada, Catwoman is his wife (they procreate by shaking hands), the Lyin' and Toto are his Henchmen/Ministers. Mii is based very loosely on the late Shannen Koostachin who took on the Canadian Government when she was 13 years old. Her nemesis was the Strahl-man who was then Minister of Indian Affairs - and later got in trouble for overseeing the spy agency which spied on protesters while working for the company promoting the pipeline they were protesting.

As far as South Park related political names - J Kenney, R Garrison, B Carson.

Enough for now.
    Last edited by Lucette; 07-11-2014 at 08:18 PM.

I am disappointed in this series and think I will be dropping after---counting #0---a 4th lackluster issue.

Mighty Member

I like the character stuff, but the story leaves me cold. I'll give it another arc though.

You know, the more i see of Hawkman, the more convinced i am that he doesn't really fit on a JL team. Maybe Stormwatch is a better fit for him.

Mighty Member

Why does GA have goggles in this? In his book he wears a domino mask.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post
    I am disappointed in this series and think I will be dropping after---counting #0---a 4th lackluster issue.
    I'm really wanting to hang in there bc it's a justice league title. But man, it's borderline sucky.

I'll give next month a shot to finish the story arc but if it does not improve by October good bye and hello worlds end

Anybody else tempted to drop?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    Why not?

/10char

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    The n52 relaunch put him in goggles, and I had dropped GA until Lemire's fantastic run at whic point i THINK he was returned to domino mask, which I just assumed was artist interpretation. I like the goggles better, actually.

Dese gah-gles doo not-zing!