Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Default Is Cyclops is a disappointment?

http://www.cbr.com/15-superheroes-who-betrayed-you/

he used to stand for all that was good but after the events of AvX he could no longer claim the hero banner. cbr explores this and I couldn't agree more. once the beloved hero of the xmen he spiraled into a villain who will remembered for the terror and fear he caused thoughtout the MU. such a disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    http://www.cbr.com/15-superheroes-who-betrayed-you/

he used to stand for all that was good but after the events of AvX he could no longer claim the hero banner. cbr explores this and I couldn't agree more. once the beloved hero of the xmen he spiraled into a villain who will remembered for the terror and fear he caused thoughtout the MU. such a disappointment.

It will be very difficult for future writers to justify him returning to the heroic side of things - if he returns.
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!

Quote Originally Posted by WheelchairX View Post
    It will be very difficult for future writers to justify him returning to the heroic side of things - if he returns.
    I completely agree. i wouldn't mind when he returns him fully embracing being a villain and maybe being what magneto was/is to the xmen for so many years.

I completely agree. i wouldn't mind when he returns him fully embracing being a villain and maybe being what magneto was/is to the xmen for so many years.
    That could be a very interesting story - I don't think it would last very long though.
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

BANNED

2/10 topic

That could be a very interesting story - I don't think it would last very long though.

you don't think he would be a villain long? why don't you think it would last long?

BANNED

BAIT Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    BAIT Thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    2/10 topic
    if you guys can't offer something meaningful to this discussion of Cyclops betraying mutantkind please don't derail the topic. thanks in advance.

X Gon' Give It to Ya Dum Dum Dugan's Avatar

Man, Storm fans..

you don't think he would be a villain long? why don't you think it would last long?
    Well, with Marvel wanting in to return to the 'status quo' later this year, they may not see this as doing that. But that's just my opinion.

Well, with Marvel wanting in to return to the 'status quo' later this year, they may not see this as doing that. But that's just my opinion.
    oh ok got ya. has there been any hints that they may bring him back to life?

did u read the link? do u think he betrayed mutants or at least Xavier's dream for peaceful coexistence of mutants and humans?
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 05-31-2017 at 02:29 PM.

X Gon' Give It to Ya Dum Dum Dugan's Avatar

oh ok got ya. has there been any hints that they may bring him back to life?

did u read the link? do u think he betrayed mutants or at least Xavier dream fro peaceful coexistence of mutants and humans?
    I did read the link. To be honest, I think the X-Men turning against Cyclops after killing Xavier, no matter how special he was, was unjustified. Jean killed 5 billion people and the X-Men are forgiving and easily accept her once she returns, but Cyclops gets possessed by the same cosmic power and kills one man and then they cant stand the sight of him doesnt make sense. I could understand them being against for some has a result of grief but it's has been five years and still he is not forgiven. I don't think he was betraying mutants, he just got desperate to try and prove to others and himself that he was doing the right thing.

I did read the link. To be honest, I think the X-Men turning against Cyclops after killing Xavier, no matter how special he was, was unjustified. Jean killed 5 billion people and the X-Men are forgiving and easily accept her once she returns, but Cyclops gets possessed by the same cosmic power and kills one man and then they cant stand the sight of him doesnt make sense. I could understand them being against for some has a result of grief but it's has been five years and still he is not forgiven. I don't think he was betraying mutants, he just got desperate to try and prove to others and himself that he was doing the right thing.
    that's a fair point. I think him killing Xavier was perceived so negatively because of what Xavier symbolizes. he killed the living symbol of peace. also jean seemingly wanted to correct all the bad she had done. she was remorseful. Cyclops seemed to embrace the idea of separation and isolationism after the whole ordeal. I don't think this help in how many perceived him.