Fantastic Member

Default Predictions for WW's opening weekend

I figured I'd post this as a thread separate from the actual reviews/criticisms of the film as I intend to solely discuss the business aspect of this film.

Simply put: What do you expect the opening weekend to to be for WW? Do you expect the positive reviews to help or not move much? Do you think that it tracks closer to Thor or Iron Man? Do you have any other business related issues you'd like to discuss?

As for myself, I'm predicting an opening weekend of about $93M for the film. WB is currently low-balling projections at about $65M for the opening weekend but given the positive reviews as well as past performance for DC character I expect it to be around this amount; this would have it above Thor: Dark World and Dr. Strange but below Iron Man and GotG.

So what are your expectations?

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

$90 million domestic, $110 million foreign for a global opening weekend total of $200 million.
    I say it finishes at $685 million worldwide (just a complete guess for now, I've tried staying in the mid 600s to mid 700s).