Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous View Post
Hopefully once Dan Slott leaves, a new creative team will come along and retcon OMD and reinstate the marriage.

I think what Marvel's master plan COULD be, is that 10-15 years from now when Tom Holland retires from the films, and perhaps when we hit ASM#1000....
IF the stars all line up like that, Marvel might attempt to permanently retire PP and have Miles Morales take over as the only Spider-Man in the MCU and comics. By that point Miles will probably be popular enough through multi media appearances, and it will allow Peter Parker's story to be completed.

IF that were the case, then Marvel would not worry about Peter appearing too old by him being married for years in print because it would aid in retiring him... And then y'know, when we reach the year 2099...
I doubt they would do this (or if they did it would't be well received). For better or worse Peter Parker is the Spider-Man. People read the comics for Peter just as much as they do for the titular hero. Miles is a great character and I expect to see more of him in the future, but if Marvel's recent slump in sales have proven anything, it's that replacing the classic heroes with the newbies instead of having them work side by side doesn't work. Can't really see this trend changing even after the MCU trilogy.