Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default So manu banmet wants a deathstroke tv series thoughts?

Amazing Member

Why on earth did he hashtag netflix? Is he trying to piss off the CW?

BANNED

Give the man what he wants.

Extraordinary Member

YES.

Admittedly, I tend to see him as the bets acted character in the Arrowverse, and yet he was still complex enough to be an anti-Hero/anti-villain protagonist.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf.B View Post
    Why on earth did he hashtag netflix? Is he trying to piss off the CW?
    Is a co-production or something of that sort out of the question? Netflix does have the CW shows, so they've got some kind of relationship.

I'd be down for it, especially with Bennet spearheading it, but at the same time I think CW is probably more focused on promoting and working on Black Lightning then they are a Deathstroke spinoff.

Maybe they could give him a CWSeed series...

Bennet is an awesome Slade. Easily the best thing to come out of Arrow so far. That season 2, man Slade was scary. I'd gladly watch a Deathstroke spin off if Bennet is involved.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    Is a co-production or something of that sort out of the question? Netflix does have the CW shows, so they've got some kind of relationship.
    Ah, I wasn't aware netflix carried their shows.

Nope.

Not with the Arrowverse EPs.

Also, the suit looked cheap and uncomfortable in the Season Finale, so pass.
    - We were the BEST, Richard. No matter what anyone thinks. - Damian Wayne.

Green Lantern Spanish Fan Site HERE

BANNED

On the one hand Bennet's Slade is the only version of the character I even remotely like. On the other, Deathstroke would become even more popular...

Yeah, don't want it to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by poroto678 View Post
    Nope.

Not with the Arrowverse EPs.

Also, the suit looked cheap and uncomfortable in the Season Finale, so pass.
    I thought it looked really cool in action there, especially with him slicing and dicing those ninja's .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I thought it looked really cool in action there, especially with him slicing and dicing those ninja's .
    I guess when the camera is close it looks better, but when he's walking or looks weird, too big and cheap

I don't know. I'm really sick of how Berlanti & Co do these shows. 23 episodes, which means a lot of fillers and lazy writing, mediocre casting (there's good ones, but the bad ones shine), bland storytelling and cheap FXs.

I wish DC had gone in the Netflix direction. Like, less teenage girl-focused and more street-level. I mean, instead of Defenders we could be talking "Outsiders" or whatever. Several show of cool charactares like GA, Black Canary, Huntress, Constantine, etc.

Plus, how do you explain the Felicity fiasco? It's like Foggy Nelson dating Elektra.
    - We were the BEST, Richard. No matter what anyone thinks. - Damian Wayne.

Green Lantern Spanish Fan Site HERE

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf.B View Post
    Ah, I wasn't aware netflix carried their shows.
    Netflix and CW are best buds. They cut an awesome deal that allows all CW seasons to be added to Netflix between one day to one week after it finishes airing. Legends season 2 was uploaded the day after it ended.

I guess when the camera is close it looks better, but when he's walking or looks weird, too big and cheap

I don't know. I'm really sick of how Berlanti & Co do these shows. 23 episodes, which means a lot of fillers and lazy writing, mediocre casting (there's good ones, but the bad ones shine), bland storytelling and cheap FXs.

I wish DC had gone in the Netflix direction. Like, less teenage girl-focused and more street-level. I mean, instead of Defenders we could be talking "Outsiders" or whatever. Several show of cool charactares like GA, Black Canary, Huntress, Constantine, etc.

Plus, how do you explain the Felicity fiasco? It's like Foggy Nelson dating Elektra.

All the shows should follow the Legends format. Only had 17 episodes and an absolutely spectacular season because of it.

I thought he looked fine in-suit overall. He even dances well in that suit .

As someone who enjoys the CW shows, I don't really have any major issues with them, even if I also think there are areas where they can improve.

"Bland storyelling" is subjective and I think the FX generally looks as good as can be expected with the kind of budget they're working with and the characters they're spotlighting. I've never really agreed with the mediocre casting complaints, because I think generally the entire casts for each show are good and do the best with what they're given.

The Netflix shows also get complaints about stretching out their main story for longer then it needs to be. And if DC stuck with a street-level format, we'd never have gotten The Flash, Supergirl, or Legends of Tomorrow.

The Felicity fiasco is easy enough to explain. It was a textbook case of writers trying to appeal too much to shippers and their breakout character.

But that's mostly just my take on it. I understand the shows and their take on the DCU isn't for everyone, and why.

If they do, they should find a way to bring back Wintergreen.