Default Green Arrow: Mayor

Too many damn CEO Superheroes, and if Iron Fist is any sign, people are sick of them not named Wayne and Stark. Now I wasn't reading when Oliver Queen was mayor in the comics, but the show did some surprisingly interesting things with the idea this season. I think they should bring that back to the comics. Fits him since he's a traditionally political character and it sets him apart and creates a lot of character and story potential. What do you think?
    IMG_0220.jpg

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I don't know if it's ever very sustainable but from what I remember it was a good way to make the character stand apart.

I love the idea. Wish it would stick.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

I dunno. He's already run for mayor twice, winning once and "losing"* once. Maybe it's time for him to run for state leg or congress.

* The first time he ran, his corrupt opponent committed massive voter fraud. Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Clark Kent uncovered the fraud, but Black Canary convinced Kent to spike the story because, um, well, it was the 70's and people did stupid things in the 70's.

Quote Originally Posted by ducklord View Post
    I dunno. He's already run for mayor twice, winning once and "losing"* once. Maybe it's time for him to run for state leg or congress.

* The first time he ran, his corrupt opponent committed massive voter fraud. Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Clark Kent uncovered the fraud, but Black Canary convinced Kent to spike the story because, um, well, it was the 70's and people did stupid things in the 70's.
    Why the heck would Canary stop Clark from exposing him? He was a blatant criminal !

Did it come at a risk of exposing Ollie's identity?

Astonishing Member

Since the Rebirth run so far has been all about reinventing various 'classic' elements from Green Arrow's pre-52 continuity - I'm hoping that Oliver eventually ends up as mayor 'again'...and this time they stick to the concept longer than they originally did.

The show has done a brilliant job with it in Season 5 and (Mild SPOILERS ahead) looks to be following up on it.

I like the idea of it, and it gives Ollie something to do as Oliver Queen, and I think exploring the idea of a socially conscious mayor who moonlights as a vigilante and how that impacts his family and fellow crime-fighters could be really interesting, especially given how Arrow has handled it so far.

There's been a running question in the current run as to exactly what "Oliver Queen" can do and what purpose Ollie's non-Green Arrow identity serves and how it can help people. Becoming a mayor could be a nice way of resolving that.

Given his outspokenness about politics, him running for office wouldn't be a stretch. I don't see it as a viable storyline as they squandered him being the CEO of Queen Consolidated back in the early days of the new 52 so i dont see them handling him in office any better.

I think its better to have him run for office and try and balance campaigning with superheroing. Ultimately he would lose the race but it be a good source of stories for a year or so.

this comic might appeal to you more
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ex_Machina_(comics)