View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black Road #10

0 0%
  • Black Science #30

1 6.67%
  • Hadrian's Wall #7 (of 8)

0 0%
  • Kill or be Killed #9

6 40.00%
  • Monstress #12

5 33.33%
  • Paklis #1 (series debut)

2 13.33%
  • Romulus #4

0 0%
  • Saga #43

0 0%
  • Sex Criminals #19

0 0%
  • Southern Cross #12

0 0%
  • Think Tank Volume Five #3

1 6.67%

Default Image Comics poll week 22 - Put Paklis on you Packlist

Hey everyone, welcome back to the weekly Image poll. We're already approaching the half-year point of 2017, hot diddly dang does time fly.

Last week's poll was convincingly won by East of West, which bags a third win for the series this year. I think every 2017 issue released so far has won our little poll, in fact?

This week is a bit less stacked than the last, but there's still some noteworthy releases: We've got a whole bunch of storylines wrapping up...Black Road, Romulus, Black Science, Monstress, and Southern Cross are all ending an arc this week. Most of those will be going on hiatus for at least 2 or 3 months too, with the exception of Southern Cross which will remain on a monthly schedule. In addition, Hadrian's Wall is releasing its penultimate issue already, and Saga is starting a brand new storyline at an absolute bargain price of 25 cents for the issue! If you've ever wanted to dip in on the cheap, now would be the time.

This week also gives us Paklis, the new Dustin Weaver comic anthology. With the recent demise of Dark Horse Presents, anthology fans may want to give this one a look. The first issue contains three "mindbending" stories: one about a guy living in a world full of bugs and insects, one about a war hero on a journey to the center of the universe, and one about a lone pilot responding to a distress signal in what sounds like a very Aliens premise to me.

279557.jpg

Kill or Be Killed was freaking awesome.

Black Road #10
    Black Science #30
    Kill or be Killed #9
    Monstress #12
    Saga #43

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

kill or be killed,
    southern cross.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Kill or Be Killed by default for me (trade waiting many others!). Not had chance to read it yet though.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Voted for Paklis, I still prefer anthologies to include multiple creators, but since those appear to be scarcer lately (DHP, Island, the Vertigo Quarterlies allfolded) I'll settle for a few of these single-creator ones instead (Paklis, Sun Bakery).

Southern Cross was also good this week. I've not gotten to Saga yet though. Been meaning to do a big re-read for a while now, because while it is gorgeous and I like a lot of the characters I've not been as enthused with it lately as I was earlier on.

Is anyone here still reading Sex Criminals by the way? It was so universally lauded in its first 10 issues but lately I've seen very little chatter on it.