Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Default Preview look of Dark Days: The Casting and Forge!

Holy crud, it's classic Hawkman and Hawkgirl! And Mr. Terrific !!!

Duke kicking Hal like that, as drawn by Jim Lee, gives me some bad All-Star Batman and Robin flashbacks (not the best way to endear people to Duke Scott). Next thing you know Batman is going to come in offering Hal lemonade .

It's going to be interesting seeing Snyder write the rest of the League.

BANNED

MICHAEL HOLT! IN HIS ORIGINAL COSTUME (MOSTLY)! EEEEEEEEEEEH!

Sorry about that. Just uh....just a pretty big fan of him. And he's also the only thing about any of this that has my interest.

Well, except for Fan Favorite, Batman's Closest Ally, Crossword Enthusiast Duke Thomas of course.

I'm guessing from the Hawk portions that this story is going to re-establish the Hawks' reincarnation cycle in-time for JSA Rebirth.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Duke kicking Hal like that, as drawn by Jim Lee, gives me some bad All-Star Batman and Robin flashbacks (not the best way to endear people to Duke Scott). Next thing you know Batman is going to come in offering Hal lemonade .
    Duke kicking Hal is actually my favorite thing he's ever done. Unfortunately, they managed to make his costume look absolutely awful here. (I know most people don't like it to begin with, but it's worse than usual) And by God I would love it if Mr. Oz turned out to be Crazy Steve (ASBAR Batman).

BANNED

Holy crap I just realized the best thing about Michael being here! It means we're most likely not just going to be getting the Golden Age JSA when they return, but members from the 2000's as well. PARTY ON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Duke kicking Hal is actually my favorite thing he's ever done.
    Is Duke that boring?

I wonder if they're going to go with the ancient aliens Hawkman and Hawkwoman. Aweome to see Mr. Terrific back! My interest in this storyline just got a lot bigger.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Is Duke that boring?
    Yup! Its why I don't hate him, I'm just indifferent. There's nothing remotely interesting there to love or hate.

Astonishing Member

Is Duke that boring?
    Like Harper he is mostly Snyder's OC.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 06-01-2017 at 06:07 PM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

DC has a chance to make the Hawks not a convoluted mess, and that interests me greatly. Glad to see that old school Shayera appears to be in the mix.

Is Duke that boring?
    Oh my lord, yes. I'm hoping Hal just uses that giant green hand to smack him against a wall.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    DC has a chance to make the Hawks not a convoluted mess, and that interests me greatly. Glad to see that old school Shayera appears to be in the mix.
    Really hoping Katar and Shayera are just around for the event. I've always found Carter and Kendra much more interesting, and I'd personally rather have them be on the new JSA.

Duke kicking Hal is actually my favorite thing he's ever done.
    It's probably my least favorite part, right next to his "Robin doesn't need Batman" mantra .
    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I wonder if they're going to go with the ancient aliens Hawkman and Hawkwoman. Aweome to see Mr. Terrific back! My interest in this storyline just got a lot bigger.
    I think we're getting the composite Hawks. So, ancient Egyptian Thanagarians who become involved in a reincarnation cycle.
    Holy crap I just realized the best thing about Michael being here! It means we're most likely not just going to be getting the Golden Age JSA when they return, but members from the 2000's as well. PARTY ON!!!
    I thought that was always going to be case.

Mr Terrific. Cool cool cool
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I thought that was always going to be case.
    It's what I've been saying all along, but people have generally responded with comments along the lines of "They disappeared in the 50's so their children and grandchildren aren't around", which I've always dismissed since there are several ways around that, and especially since some of the legacies, like Michael, aren't even related.