Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Getting kicked in the head once (after a surprise attack, no less) is Hal getting jobbed?
    Getting knocked on your feet by a punk who barely knows how to fight when you have an energy field around you that's been known to stop bullets? Uh, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Getting knocked on your feet by a punk who barely knows how to fight when you have an energy field around you that's been known to stop bullets? Uh, yes.
    1. Duke is a trained fighter. Not exceptional by any means, but he does know how to fight. And it was a surprise attack anyway.

2. Hal didn't have his shield on when he got kicked:

195227_1101490_6.jpg

Plus, Hal gets control of the situation pretty quickly.
    Last edited by Caivu; 06-03-2017 at 01:03 AM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Extraordinary Member

1. Duke is a trained fighter. Not exceptional by any means, but he does know how to fight. And it was a surprise attack anyway.

2. Hal didn't have his shield on when he got kicked:

195227_1101490_6.jpg

Plus, Hal gets control of the situation pretty quickly.
    My understanding has always been that, whenever Hal has the uniform on, he also has the energy field up. But either way, its still a cheap shot all in order to make Snyder's pet creation look cool.

Actually, Hal is treating Duke like a flea on an elephants ass, so I don't see the problem.

It's a comics law

whenever two heroes meet, they shall form a misunderstanding and brawl.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Getting kicked in the head once (after a surprise attack, no less) is Hal getting jobbed?
    It's less Hal getting kicked and more who is doing the kicking.

If for whatever reason this was Dick, Damian, Barbara or even Tim or Cass doing it it would be one thing. But Snyder's creators pet who not many people seem to actually like taking a shot at one of DC's biggest characters? The transparency of the shilling is obnoxious.

My understanding has always been that, whenever Hal has the uniform on, he also has the energy field up. But either way, its still a cheap shot all in order to make Snyder's pet creation look cool.
    I don't get how this supposedly makes Duke "look cool". It's one kick, man. He didn't knock Hal out or anything, he just jumped him.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Hal's hardly getting jobbed here. Technically speaking he should be having his force field up but it's not the first time where this kind of things happen to him. He's fallen on soap and banged his head and even Johns had Batman taking the ring off him without him being aware of it. Anyone remember "you weren't concentrating?" during the beginning of Johns Justice League in the New 52? It just seems to be a thing with Green Lantern.
    Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Darkseid doesn't invade with a fleet of ships. Darkseid chills on your couch, embarrasses and humiliates you, and won't leave. And he drinks everything in your fridge.

Spectacular Member

Don't know what to think of this, i mean the art looks great and all, and am sure the story will be action packed and fun, but am thinking of leaving this until it comes out in trade, however if the events of this story play into the continuity then I'll issue collect (assuming I have money at the time lol).

Extraordinary Member

I don't get how this supposedly makes Duke "look cool". It's one kick, man. He didn't knock Hal out or anything, he just jumped him.
    Getting the drop on a well-seasoned hero despite only being around for 5 seconds. But I digress...

Either way, I just don't like Duke. The New 52 did not do the Batverse any favors and the sooner that power ranger knock off is forgotten and scrubbed from history the better.

Getting the drop on a well-seasoned hero despite only being around for 5 seconds. But I digress...
    A well-seasoned hero who is still just a regular human without, say, supersenses.

Either way, I just don't like Duke.
    Well and good. But you're complaining about what amounts to a suckerpunch.

Extraordinary Member

Well and good. But you're complaining about what amounts to a suckerpunch.
    Exactly. Its kind of a dick move just so Duke can look like he's got some skills.

Exactly. Its kind of a dick move just so Duke can look like he's got some skills.
    But he does have some skills (emphasis on some). You disliking him doesn't change that.

Hate him all you want, but don't strawman.
    Last edited by Caivu; 06-03-2017 at 12:22 PM.

BANNED

I can't wait for Duke to sucker punch Superman, and Wonder Woman, and Shazam, and Martian Manhunter, I won't be satisfied until he's kicked all my favorite heroes in the face dammit! Imagine how popular he'll be if he beats the crap out of Batman himself.

All-New Member

So who are the characters in the lower left background here? Some version of the Seven Soldiers of Victory?

forge.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by docgymll View Post
    So who are the characters in the lower left background here? Some version of the Seven Soldiers of Victory?

forge.jpg
    Yes, the version where there are eight of them.