Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Yes, the version where there are eight of them.
    Actually there's a long history of the 7 Soldiers having more than 7 members (usually not counting sidekicks)

Now that I look at it more closely, that's Nighthawk and Cinnamon on the right. So presumably these are all prior incarnations of Hawkman and Hawkgirl. My first thought with that image was that they could be versions of the Vigilante, Shining Knight, and Scarlet Avenger. Guess I'm just too anxious for a return of golden age characters ...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by docgymll View Post
    So who are the characters in the lower left background here? Some version of the Seven Soldiers of Victory?

Attachment 50217
    Those are the past lives of Carter and Shayera.

Quote Originally Posted by docgymll View Post
    Now that I look at it more closely, that's Nighthawk and Cinnamon on the right. So presumably these are all prior incarnations of Hawkman and Hawkgirl.
    You got it.

I also wanna add how happy I am that this is classic Hawkman and Hawkwoman. Their N52 looks were absolutely atrocious. Well, at least Hawkman's was. Shayera's was only somewhat acceptable if ONLY because Joe Bennet is such a great artist.

Though, I do miss Kendra Saunders and her look as Hawkgirl. It was so awesome when they flew together:

Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 06-03-2017 at 02:23 PM.

Astonishing Member

Loving seeing Duke, Hawkman (how'd he get back and does Adam Strange know?) and Mr. Terrific all together here in different spots! Loving it so much!

This just reaffirmed my anticipation of these two-shot prologues, and the series as a whole!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Duke kicking Hal like that, as drawn by Jim Lee, gives me some bad All-Star Batman and Robin flashbacks (not the best way to endear people to Duke Scott). Next thing you know Batman is going to come in offering Hal lemonade.
    Ehhh, there's nothing wrong with the scene from where I can see. It makes sense in context, and Hal grabbing Duke with his construct hand in the way he does shows that it's little more than an a "Oh, okay. Whatever kid." moment for Hal. It's funny, and endearing in its own way.

Besides, they shouldn't be beholden to pussyfooting and tiptoeing around for the sake of "appeasing" an alleged handful of people that would never be appeased in the first place anyway. Pointing it out that they should feels like the kind of thing those who start this kind of controversy would do, especially for such a short, funny, and overall innocuous scene. For any other character, like Damian as an example, this would be another day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    I also wanna add how happy I am that this is classic Hawkman and Hawkwoman. Their N52 looks were absolutely atrocious. Well, at least Hawkman's was. Shayera's was only somewhat acceptable if ONLY because Joe Bennet is such a great artist.

Though, I do miss Kendra Saunders and her look as Hawkgirl. It was so awesome when they flew together:
    On my part, I admit that I have to get used to the new old look, as it were. (Also, I guess I was the only one who liked how he looked in "Death of Hawkman"... )

It's probably my least favorite part, right next to his "Robin doesn't need Batman" mantra.
    Honestly? I'm really sad to see your among those who took those words the wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Getting kicked in the head once (after a surprise attack, no less) is Hal getting jobbed?
    Yeah, I'm beginning to outright resent the Duke haters here...

I hate that I am, too. That's the farthest thing I want when I come here, and I don't come here that regularly, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Actually, Hal is treating Duke like a flea on an elephants ass, so I don't see the problem.

It's a comics law

whenever two heroes meet, they shall form a misunderstanding and brawl.
    Posts like this one help in the above regard, fortunately.

Either way, I just don't like Duke.
    Be that as it may, that does not give you the right or make you in the right to slander the character, especially for something like this. Among many things, it's petty and reductive.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 06-11-2017 at 10:24 AM.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I bet that Joker is in the Box!

this looks so awesome! didn't expect them to get to the hawks so quickly. and i'm really glad they are finally synergizing aquaman to jason mamoa' style

BANNED

Sooooooo, they lowered Michael's IQ? Cause he's supposed to be the 3rd smartest human in the world (technically the fourth) and now his IQ is only 179. There are multiple people in the real world with IQ's higher than that.

That aside, among many, many other things, we saw his time ship in The Button, Michael said they needed something cosmic, Bruce said there was no limit to what he could do, and Michael was happy about letting him out. Could the 'person' they're letting out be Matt Tyler?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    this looks so awesome! didn't expect them to get to the hawks so quickly. and i'm really glad they are finally synergizing aquaman to jason mamoa' style

I'm fine with the long hair and beard (Although him keeping the beard is a continuity error), but if changes anything else about his look or personality to match Mamoa, then I'm gonna start having a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Carter! Shiera !

So I guess Nth-Metal provides some kind of connection to the "Dark Universe" which is supposed to be the main impetus of this event.

I wonder when that image of them in bed takes place? Is is present-day, or in the past? The narration makes it sound like it's from Carter's journal.

So doing work on another Earth is why Mr. Terrific hasn't been seen or heard from in so long...

Michael seems pretty keen on the idea of possibly releasing Joker from that box, so maybe it isn't Joker ?

Carter! Shiera !

So I guess Nth-Metal provides some kind of connection to the "Dark Universe" which is supposed to be the main impetus of this event.

I wonder when that image of them in bed takes place? Is is present-day, or in the past? The narration makes it sound like it's from Carter's journal.

So doing work on another Earth is why Mr. Terrific hasn't been seen or heard from in so long...

Michael seems pretty keen on the idea of possibly releasing Joker from that box, so maybe it isn't Joker ?
    I'm going to guess Plastic Man. Just because he's the most not-metal character around.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    I'm fine with the long hair and beard (Although him keeping the beard is a continuity error), but if changes anything else about his look or personality to match Mamoa, then I'm gonna start having a problem.
    Exactly. Changing the characters to look like the real-life actors is never really a good idea.

BANNED

Exactly. Changing the characters to look like the real-life actors is never really a good idea.
    I'm still cringing that Jay Garrick is going to look like John Wesley Shipp for the foreseeable future. Horrible.

i disagree. its very frustrating to see characters you like on screen (deadshot for example) and then go look for a comic book and not be able to find him. while white aquaman isn't so far away from jason mamoa once you give him a beard and long hair, it's definitely a different story when you have a black deadshot and a white one running around in the comics.

and as hard as it is for you to understand, at this point more people know deadshot as will smith, not white floyd lawton in the books. same as one day soon, more people will know aquaman as jason mamoa than as the underwater blonde prince.

synergy is great for business, for a variety of reasons

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

i disagree. its very frustrating to see characters you like on screen (deadshot for example) and then go look for a comic book and not be able to find him. while white aquaman isn't so far away from jason mamoa once you give him a beard and long hair, it's definitely a different story when you have a black deadshot and a white one running around in the comics.

and as hard as it is for you to understand, at this point more people know deadshot as will smith, not white floyd lawton in the books. same as one day soon, more people will know aquaman as jason mamoa than as the underwater blonde prince.

I disagree. Improper snergy is on the movie studios not the comics. Deadshot was always white there was no reason to cast him as Will Smith. They should've just casted him as Bronze Tiger. I don't want comics looking like the movies. This is also why Marvel properties are becoming bland just look at their cartoons, it's just MCU add ons.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Your entire argument is predicated on the films being more important than the comics, something I think you'd find is an unpopular opinion here.

Aquaman isn't Jason Mamoa. Jason Mamoa is playing Aquaman. There's a bit of a difference there. Changing a beloved character because Hollywood says so is toxic to the industry. I loved the Guardians of the Galaxy movies but don't care much for the books. And that's okay.

Should Superman brood more because BvS made a lot of dosh? Moreover, he's been a blond on Family Guy, Justice League, Batman The Brave and the Bold, and his most infamous incarnation: Superfriends.

Let's go back to Deadshot. He's white in Arrow and some DTV stuff. It honestly sounds more like you feel the films carry more weight than the source material. Moreover, Will Smith (while charismatic) wasn't a great Deadshot. Not nearly enough of a douche. I wouldn't use him as a positive example. Without the mask, he may as well have been an original character.