Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Talia and Ra's claimed Bruce was married according to Ra's "nation"/long-gone cultural ways (since he destroyed his founding tribe) where Ra's claims only the consent of the bride and her father decided marriage, but Bruce nor America ever recognized the marriage.

http://imgur.com/a/GS9HT

Morrison played out in his run this past unilateral psuedo-marriage and a now pseudo "super-divorce" of these two powerful aristocrats of sorts (as Talia belatedly finally gets upset that Bruce rebuffed her over the years). A "divorce" that threatens to bring down the world.
    Yes this is correct.

IF Bruce and Selina ties the knot, this would be the first time he has been married in Main Canon.

He has been engaged in Main Canon before, numerous times. In fact, I think he is kinda addicted to it. This time might be different though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I could easily see her turning down the proposal at first. But I don't think that rejection will stick. I theorized they were at the very least going to become a couple again as soon as The Button ended, and this obviously makes me believe it even more. She'll either eventually accept outright, or they will compromise and get together steady at first.

But the Button suggested moving Bruce in a somewhat brighter direction. Its extremely meta. The method they choose is his father asking him to not be Batman anymore, but we know that won't happen, at least not permanently. But what could they do with Bruce to at least say that he heeded his late father's words in some form to make his life a less dark existence? Get together with and stay with his true love.
    We shall see. I mean, to be honest, the only way I see Bruce beginning to be happy and in a relationship is when he hangs up that cowl. Let the darn Batfamily take over. Goodness knows that are so many of them.

But HE has to let it go. Be on the sidelines or check in with them, via Oracle style. Bruce doesn't have to be this damn isolated. And an older Selina, well, she's not going to be running around like that forever either.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I actually sometimes wish we would see Bruce date more civilians if only because it would actually give him something to do as Bruce Wayne .
    Silver and Julie?

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Batman is awful i a lot of ways but you can't have him turning a blind eye to crime. If he and Selina did settle down she has to become a good guy 100%
    And perhaps maybe she could be. I mean, if Harley can be turned into an anti-hero and Lex Luther the same, they can have Cat be a crime fighter as well.

Protecting Gotham's East End again. Cat has done that a few times now.

Will God ever be solid and make sense? I really wanted Helena, could in the future be Damian's Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    We shall see. I mean, to be honest, the only way I see Bruce beginning to be happy and in a relationship is when he hangs up that cowl. Let the darn Batfamily take over. Goodness knows that are so many of them.

But HE has to let it go. Be on the sidelines or check in with them, via Oracle style. Bruce doesn't have to be this damn isolated. And an older Selina, well, she's not going to be running around like that forever either.
    I actually think that Bruce is only truly happy when he is being Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    And perhaps maybe she could be. I mean, if Harley can be turned into an anti-hero and Lex Luther the same, they can have Cat be a crime fighter as well.

Protecting Gotham's East End again. Cat has done that a few times now.
    She could but you see unlike Harley Selina turning good and then getting absorbed into the Batfamily isn't Selina. Harley is still her own brand doing things her way.

For Selina to suddenly become a good guy just cos Bruce made her a mrs isn't quite the same as Harley trying to be good after breaking off the shackles of an abusive relationship.
    Last edited by dietrich; 06-06-2017 at 04:59 PM.

Astonishing Member

Batman has always considered a huge differentiation between thieves and theft and the other forms of crime, particularly violent or exploitative. Like, thiefy-burglar types get off WAYYYYY easier in Batman-town than anyone else does. And so Catwoman has never been all that bad, in spite of running with bad crowds upon occasion to try to snag priceless shiny cat statues and such. But yeah, he just doesn't bring the hammers of justice down that hard on people who just want to take other people's valuables.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

And Batman has always had a soft spot for Selina. Hell, her very first appearance in the comics has Bruce 'accidentally' knocking Robin over and letting Selina get away. He's turned a blind eye to her pretty much the entirety of his comic book life

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

I think the overwhelming success of SuperDad and Jon Kent played into this. People seem to be in the mood for good relationships and family. Don't be surprised if a little Helena is on the way at some point and through the magic of time travel or Damian's gestation tube she is aged up. A main canon Helena Wayne, not from an alternate Earth and as a kid, is hugely marketable

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Maybe the engagement will end when Selina lifts the Wayne family china to sell on the black market. Nah, I actually think this will stick and end in a marriage in Detective 1000

Spectacular Member Fearless Heart's Avatar

When the War of Jokes and Riddles was announced at Fan Expo in Dallas, Tom King said said the last page would be shared and talked about for decades.

So, if it's going to be talked about for decades, it doesn't seem like it's going to be a Mary Jane turning down Peter twice sort of thing. Although, by me just saying that, I guess I defeated my argument. Darn it!

Anyways, I think it's interesting! I want to see it through!

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless Heart View Post
    When the War of Jokes and Riddles was announced at Fan Expo in Dallas, Tom King said said the last page would be shared and talked about for decades.

So, if it's going to be talked about for decades, it doesn't seem like it's going to be a Mary Jane turning down Peter twice sort of thing. Although, by me just saying that, I guess I defeated my argument. Darn it!

Anyways, I think it's interesting! I want to see it through!
    I think by the very nature of this moment, whatever Selina's answer or the outcome, it will be talked about for a while.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    Maybe the engagement will end when Selina lifts the Wayne family china to sell on the black market. Nah, I actually think this will stick and end in a marriage in Detective 1000
    Ahaha, someone should ask Tynion about that!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I already liked Gotham Girl, but this issue made me really like her