Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Batman #24 preview

http://thegww.com/exclusive-first-look-batman-24/

Gotham Girl's back. Take that as you will.

Some visual parallels with her and Catwoman going on, which is... interesting.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Extraordinary Member

Oh, my god. David Finch's art here? It looks....amazing. I was almost unsure it was him at first because of the fluidity of the figures. Well, it looks like the old Finch is back.

BANNED

Haven't been reading Batman for awhile now. Has Claire gotten any better as a character? Anyone a fan of hers?

I must say : Gotham-Girl has become one of my favourite D.C. characters really quickly. I don't even want D.C. to give her a solo, but appearance where she talks to Batman or other Batfamily members like she is doing in this preview ? Yeah, I want it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I must say : Gotham-Girl has become one of my favourite D.C. characters really quickly. I don't even want D.C. to give her a solo, but appearance where she talks to Batman or other Batfamily members like she is doing in this preview ? Yeah, I want it.
    Damn! Didn't see that coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Haven't been reading Batman for awhile now. Has Claire gotten any better as a character? Anyone a fan of hers?
    I like her well enough, I guess. She hasn't shown up (at least not significantly) for something like 15 issues now.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Damn! Didn't see that coming.
    haha, I hadn't seen your post when responding !

But, yes, Claire has really gotten to me. I like the condition she has, her origin story (even the mysteries still surrounding the how of her and Hank getting their powers) and the way she talks to Batman in this preview. She doesn't need to be the next best thing after Red Hood to be a good character IMHO. Not every hero needs to be front and centre all the time, sometimes someone in the background like her can be great.

I really like Gotham Girl too! Im interested to see whatever this issue sets up for whatever arc follows the war of jokes and riddles

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Oh, my god. David Finch's art here? It looks....amazing. I was almost unsure it was him at first because of the fluidity of the figures. Well, it looks like the old Finch is back.
    The Catwoman pages are drawn by Finch, the ones featuring Batman and GG are drawn by Mann. I hope she just packs her bags and disappears permanently.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Interesting preview. I'm excited for this issue and kinda sad that it marks King's last "present" Batman story for a time until the War of Jokes and Riddles is over. Because I just don't want to leave King's "present" Batman and all the emotional turmoil he's having right now, questioning so much. (Of course Metal and All Star will be plenty good for me as far as "present" Batman)
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Interesting preview. I'm excited for this issue and kinda sad that it marks King's last "present" Batman story for a time until the War of Jokes and Riddles is over. Because I just don't want to leave King's "present" Batman and all the emotional turmoil he's having right now, questioning so much. (Of course Metal and All Star will be plenty good for me as far as "present" Batman)
    Where do you think the story of present batman will be heading. I cant wait to find out more

So is that one of Selina's safe houses or is she living out of her old apartment and somehow no one has figured out Catwoman is living at her old place ?

Interesting conversation between Bruce and Claire, and Batman's perspective on things and how he could never imagine himself being "just normal."

I'm curious to see what Claire does now that she's cured of her more pressing mental problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Where do you think the story of present batman will be heading. I cant wait to find out more
    If what we've seen so far is any indication, Bruce contemplating whether he should retire and try to be "normal."

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    my exact same thought

Stand out art

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

It's nice to finally see Gotha Girl again, and normal as she can be. Very curious where they decide to take the character.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    To be fair, King said the story is told as a flashback with narration by Bruce, so we'll still kinda have a present story framed with flashbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm curious to see what Claire does now that she's cured of her more pressing mental problems.
    Unless her and Batman find a way for her to use her powers without her giving up time of her life, then eventually surely she will just use her powers up and run out of time.