Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, I think by the very nature of who they are and what they do, it would be difficult to ever completely tie them down to each other, no matter how much they genuinely love one another.
    By their very nature, it makes any potential stories to do with engagement or marriage very interesting.

I don't think it should be a case of on/off after this, we have Dinah and Ollie for that IMO.

Hell, we shouldn't even be having this with Dick and Babs, they actually GOT married in Convergence and it bugs me that they don't recall it.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I don't think it should be a case of on/off after this, we have Dinah and Ollie for that IMO.
    We've had Batman and Selina and Batman and Talia for that too. The truth is that "present" main Batman doesn't have a history of relationship stability. Nocturna, Silver St Cloud, Vicki, Vesper, Talia, Julie, etc, etc. On/off is true to Batman. No one love interest has won out. He is a bachelor playboy socialite.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 06-06-2017 at 12:28 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Neither Bruce nor Selina ever struck me as the marrying type, even though there are probably hundreds of elseworlds where they do. I feel like them being married means that Selina would need to permanently change and stop being a criminal. Which might happen short term, but she isn't the kind of kitten that can be tamed. But that doesn't mean this development shouldn't be explored, I just don't think it's sustainable.

By their very nature, it makes any potential stories to do with engagement or marriage very interesting.

Honestly I think Bruce and Selina capitalize on/off moreso then Ollie and Dinah do, or at least it's more a focal part of their romance and the complexity of it versus other couples in the DCU.

I also agree with FishyZombie that, even if they try and go through with this, their personalities and how they work won't be able to sustain it.

Hell, we shouldn't even be having this with Dick and Babs, they actually GOT married in Convergence and it bugs me that they don't recall it.
    Well, there was also a version of Dick in Convergence that got married to Kori, so it could go either way really .

I'd honestly rather Babs just remember her age and start acting like it at this point

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd honestly rather Babs just remember her age and start acting like it at this point
    Oh that's a sick burn for the bitch of burnside. I love it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    We've had Batman and Selina and Batman and Talia for that too. The truth is that "present" main Batman doesn't have a history of relationship stability. Nocturna, Silver St Cloud, Vicki, Vesper, Talia, Julie, etc, etc. On/off is true to Batman. No one love interest has won out. He is a bachelor playboy socialite.
    Talia got there first in main canon didn't she? Back when Son of the Demon was initially published, they were briefly married but Talia then annulled it following the 'death' of infant Damien?
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 06-06-2017 at 01:08 PM.

Ultimate Member

I'd be ok with them going through with this. I mean I fully expect some writer to come along and get rid of it eventually. But it could be fun to explore for awhile at least.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Talia got there first in main canon didn't she? Back when Son of the Demon was initially published, they were briefly married but Talia then annulled it following the 'death' of infant Damien?
    Talia and Ra's claimed Bruce was married according to Ra's "nation"/long-gone cultural ways (since he destroyed his founding tribe) where Ra's claims only the consent of the bride and her father decided marriage, but Bruce nor America ever recognized the marriage.

http://imgur.com/a/GS9HT

Morrison played out in his run this past unilateral psuedo-marriage and a now pseudo "super-divorce" of these two powerful aristocrats of sorts (as Talia belatedly finally gets upset that Bruce rebuffed her over the years). A "divorce" that threatens to bring down the world.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 06-06-2017 at 01:41 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Talia and Ra's claimed Bruce was married according to Ra's "nation"/long-gone cultural ways (since he destroyed his founding tribe) where Ra's claims only the consent of the bride and her father decided marriage, but Bruce nor America ever recognized the marriage.

http://imgur.com/a/GS9HT

Morrison played out in his run this past unilateral psuedo-marriage and a now pseudo "super-divorce" of these two powerful aristocrats of sorts (as Talia belatedly finally gets upset that Bruce rebuffed her over the years). A "divorce" that threatens to bring down the world.
    Yeah, I was reading a lot of Morrison's run early on but kind of zoned out after Final Crisis, I wasn't too keen on New Fifty-Two overlapping the story so I lapsed. I know Morrison used the blood feud as a commentary on his own traumatic experiences with divorce and was intrigued enough to check out the ending with Kathy Kane's involvement.

The Batfamily Will Preval UnderTheRedHood's Avatar

If Batman Marries Catwoman and Has A Kid. Will They Make

Prime Earth Helena???

Cause that would be so cool damian would have a little sis lol

But Besides that I like this. I just hope nothing happens to this relationship. as things always tend to in Gotham City.... (Selena Death By Joker, Owls or Ra's)
    Last edited by UnderTheRedHood; 06-06-2017 at 03:04 PM.
    Jason Todd, Cassandra Cain, Helena Wayne, Bruce, Harper, Kate, Dick, Barbra, Thomas, Brenna, Tim, Damian, Duke , Stephanie, Luke, Terry,

#BATSQUAD

Quote Originally Posted by UnderTheRedHood View Post
    If Batman Marries Catwoman and Has A Kid. Will They Make

Prime Earth Helena???

Cause that would be so cool damian would have a little sis lol
    Damien's already met Earth-2 Helena. Bruce has too. (That's all assuming that's still canon in Rebirth.)

The Batfamily Will Preval UnderTheRedHood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Damien's already met Earth-2 Helena. Bruce has too. (That's all assuming that's still canon in Rebirth.)
    I know that but that helena was from another earth on ''earth 2'' but she was the daughter or Selena And Bruce

My Point is that If Earth 2 Bruce And Selena = Helena The maybe Earth 0 Bruce and Selena could = Helena as well.
    Last edited by UnderTheRedHood; 06-06-2017 at 03:02 PM.
    Jason Todd, Cassandra Cain, Helena Wayne, Bruce, Harper, Kate, Dick, Barbra, Thomas, Brenna, Tim, Damian, Duke , Stephanie, Luke, Terry,

#BATSQUAD

Quote Originally Posted by UnderTheRedHood View Post
    I know that but that helena was from another earth on ''earth 2'' but she was the daughter or Selena And Bruce

My Point is that If Earth 2 Bruce And Selena = Helena The maybe Earth 0 Bruce and Selena could = Helena as well.
    Yeah, but Bruce wouldn't be too keen on naming a daughter Helena if he remembers the other one. Feels too much like his fate is out of his hands. Plus, we also don't know if Helena Kyle is still in continuity.

Spectacular Member

I'm trying to decide which is crazier. The diamond covered roof top love making session, or proposing on a roof top in a thunder storm. Those two love living dangerously.

Son of the Demon is not canon. And the "baby" was not Damian Wayne