Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DC Comics Historian

Default The Three Jokers storyline confirmed to be a Geoff Johns Joint (NOT DARK DAYS)

http://www.cbr.com/scott-snyder-joke...-nights-metal/

“Geoff [Johns] was great about walking us through what the plan is for upcoming ‘Three Jokers’ storyline and giving us the breathing room for what we wanted to do. Just to be clear to readers, this is not going to answer the ‘Three Jokers’ question” Snyder said. “That’s really for Geoff — he has a big story planned for that — but what it will do is show us the way that The Joker, like he did during my entire time on Batman, is always there as the Greek chorus of the book, saying to Batman, in one way or another, ‘You’re doing it wrong,’ or, ‘You’re doing it right. This is what needs to happen. This is who you are.”

I don't know about you guys but I breathe a sigh of relief here in knowing that Rebirth is still it's own thing (READ BELOW) and that Dark Days and Metal and all this other background noise is it's own thing as well. It's a pity with the mystery of the tuning fork being one hell of a McgGuffin and is literally the only reason I will be reading the story as it sounds like another bag of empty promises disguised as universe breaking/defining shenanigans. Why they aren't saving this event or at least the concept of the Tuning Fork for Rebirth related material is beyond me. Especially because it seems the Tuning Fork is obviously from one of the other Crisis timelines as we haven't seen one in the Nu-52 (Unless I am wrong in there being Tuning Forks in either Darkseid War or Multiversity) and could be used within Doomsday Clock as well obviously as it seems like the Multiverse is in play there as well given what has happened in and to Superman from Convergence thru Reborn. It's a good time to be a comic fan again. Haven't been this excited for an event since Infinite Crisis. I have other threads with this theory in it and other analysis/speculation and I will continue to add to it.

I think it's pretty obvious what is going on with the Three Jokers storyline which my theories on it were only strengthened by the outcome of "The Button" in that there is either 1 Joker with 3 distinct personalities ergo making him 3 to the universe and therefore some sort of powerful anomaly considering he has always had a sort of sixth sense when it comes to the cosmic threads of reality (especially after having been Emperor Joker) or there are literally 3 Jokers and they live within the 3 eras that we saw being kept together in The Button of Pre-Crisis/Post Crisis/Nu52-Rebirth. However, this is where my thinking gets incredibly bold......so hold on to your hats here kids.

I believe that Dr. Manhattan is the Cosmic Hand that makes the DC Universe. I believe and believed this since the beginning of REBIRTH that Doctor Manhattan is the creator of the DC Universe and is now manipulating his lifeforms he said he wanted to create at the end of Watchmen by taking love and in some cases HOPE out of the equation.
    One last thing. I believe OZ is either Superboy Prime or Alexander Luthor Jr ala Infinite Crisis. Just let that sit and stew for a bit. :-)
    Last edited by theonetruebatman; 06-16-2017 at 07:52 AM.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Rebirth & Metal being their own things or not matters little to me (they could tie together & that potentially could be great, or they could potentially work great being separate), more important is just knowing how connected or not they are.

Anyway, we know Rebirth is important, but Metal seems surprisingly important too as far as the history/makeup of the Multiverse.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

I truly hope that the next Rebirth story after Doomsday finally answers the Three Jokers mystery. I truly do hope so.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I truly hope that the next Rebirth story after Doomsday finally answers the Three Jokers mystery. I truly do hope so.
    I never really liked the revelation to begin with, so its answer is leaving me cold as well. I didn't like multiple Supermen out there in the Superman books and don't like these games with Joker or Bat characters as well.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

It's such weird premise to have 3 of them. It better have a good payoff because it seems a little silly. I mean 3 Jokers....like I don't mind it but I want a little more info about it.

The only thing I'll probably be eying is how they handle the TKJ Joker because people are gonna have a LOT of things say about it. Really I'm curious to Barbara's role, because you can't have the TKJ Joker and not give Barbara anything to say about it.

The 3 Jokers thing and Diana's random brother have been one of the odder Rebirth mysteries that have gone unaddressed since it started, so I'm not sure what direction they're going to go in with them but it sounds like Johns will be the only writer to personally deal with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The 3 Jokers thing and Diana's random brother have been one of the odder Rebirth mysteries that have gone unaddressed since it started, so I'm not sure what direction they're going to go in with them but it sounds like Johns will be the only writer to personally deal with them.
    lol I actually forgot about the brother thing. I feel like they really need to build some momentum for some of these stories a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by RedQueen View Post
    lol I actually forgot about the brother thing. I feel like they really need to build some momentum for some of these stories a little more.
    Yeah, those two teases really haven't been followed up on or addressed since they were established in the Rebirth special, which is why people keep asking about them or wondering what the heck is going on.

I'm curious to see if Johns will touch on them in Doomsday Clock and what the ultimate endgame is.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like all of that will tie into doomsday clock somehow.

Not surprising. The three Jokers is actually interesting, so its the odd man out on all this Dark Days stuff which is thus far bland and fanboyish as hell. Makes sense that its the brainchild of someone else.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

You kind of can`t help be a little interested over what the heck they will do with such a crack premise. Joker is now Bruce`s unwanted voice of conscience? Eh...

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I hate the 3 Jokers thing, and the potential derailment of King's BATMAN. I love the Batman Rebirth book a ton and Synder's Metal looks to be fun and (more importantly) off on its own. Johns doesn't seem to ever like "letting something be it's own thing", so this will surely be MASSIVE and strangle everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I hate the 3 Jokers thing, and the potential derailment of King's BATMAN. I love the Batman Rebirth book a ton and Synder's Metal looks to be fun and (more importantly) off on its own. Johns doesn't seem to ever like "letting something be it's own thing", so this will surely be MASSIVE and strangle everything else.
    How would it derail King's work he is already using the Joker in his next story?

I'm not sure it will, the three jokers stuff was probably discussed between Johns and King before rebirth even started.

DC Comics Historian

How can you hate something you literally know nothing about other than literally the words that it is? You have no idea if it's literal, figurative, perhaps a love letter to the character over the different era's (Which I am guessing it is) Derailment of King's Batman? There has been no evidence of it so far considering The Joker and Riddler are going to war and there is no sign of John's thread at all. In fact there has been more Rebirth in Detective Comics than there has been in the main title period. I mean, we had the friggin Psycho Pirate and King literally did NOTHING with him aside from the Mask. Having the Psycho Pirate in your book is a privilege and almost a mandate to execute multiversal craziness or at least multiversal delusion. So yeah, I respectfully disagree with you, sir.