Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Gotham Girl has her own niche and won't be replacing anybody.
    Yes.. This is the BEST THING that I see in this character..

Unfortunately, that her powers can kill her one day is something that... throw me back..

I had enough with N52 Superman to become in fan of one character that I know since the begin that she can die or lose the powers and become in a secondary character..

If someday this change like with Superwoman, OK.. But now I can not become in fan of Gotham Girl.
    Last edited by adrikito; 06-03-2017 at 10:17 AM.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    She's angsty? She doesn't seem that way here.
    Um. Her brother killed her parents and then she killed her brother and was driven insane by a psychotic supervillain? That seems pretty angsty. She's resiliant, but there's something darker there, I think.

I am really kinda looking forward to this issue of Claire and Batman talking. I like talking. Especially when it's repetitive talking. See how I used talking three, wait, four times?

But in all honesty, I actually mostly really like King's repetition. It seems very poetic to me.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Um. Her brother killed her parents and then she killed her brother and was driven insane by a psychotic supervillain? That seems pretty angsty. She's resiliant, but there's something darker there, I think.
    She just seems too upbeat to call it that. There's a sadness underneath it, but she seems in good shape all things considered.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Maybe it would be more accurate to say she has angst but isn't angsty ?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Honestly, Gotham Girl will probably die before Kings run ends because that's the whole shtick of the character and it'll probably be used as motivation for Duke, since they'll apparently get married.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe it would be more accurate to say she has angst but isn't angsty ?
    I'd agree with that.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Honestly, Gotham Girl will probably die before Kings run ends because that's the whole shtick of the character and it'll probably be used as motivation for Duke, since they'll apparently get married.
    Worse name and worse uniform. And seriously she needs new clothes, she looks like a patient in the psychiatric ward.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    She just seems too upbeat to call it that. There's a sadness underneath it, but she seems in good shape all things considered.
    Relatively good shape. But she is contrasted with Batman. Reminds me of what Steph might be with superpowers. Which might explain why I like her well enough.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I wonder when that marriage will come to pass. I'm looking forward to it, when it does. But right now it would be very out of the blue so we must need to see their relationship continue to evolve. over time

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Does she? she was a non character in the first arc and a weeping victim for the rest of the run. She's a plot device more accurately speaking, pushing her as a viable character is the same mistake DC made with Doomsday, hope King has the sense to not go in that direction.
    There are no other Superman-class metahumans in Gotham, so she's filling a niche none of the other young characters are. She's there to highlight Bruce's own traumas and compassion, so comparing her to fight scene fodder like Doomsday is a HUGE stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    I wonder when that marriage will come to pass. I'm looking forward to it, when it does. But right now it would be very out of the blue so we must need to see their relationship continue to evolve. over time
    I doubt it'll be actual marriage in continuity. It'll probably be like a arc set 10 years in alternate future and like what happens if batman decided to quit.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    There are no other Superman-class metahumans in Gotham, so she's filling a niche none of the other young characters are. She's there to highlight Bruce's own traumas and compassion, so comparing her to fight scene fodder like Doomsday is a HUGE stretch.
    And given this is Gotham, where a Superman-class Metahuman would be ill-fitting, I imagine she does have finite career ahead of her in the books.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Interesting? Think they would

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    It's funny, I literally just called that happening this issue in the catwoman thread 2 days ago..