Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

So lets say they get married what then. Batman carries on batmaning but what about Selina? part of the reason why Harley eclipsed Selina is that in recent years they've turned her into love interest not a solo carrying character. If Selina isn't thieving and cating around then what is she a good guy?

Her position is so murky that i'm not sure where she stands now. She's definitely not the Selina kyle of old who always had her own personal agenda. Poor cat has been declawed.
    Last edited by dietrich; 06-06-2017 at 06:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    There is so much potential in writing Bruce and Selina as a married couple. They would be dysfunctional AF, but not necessarily doomed. It would be something legitimately new with them, and would beat the tedious "will they/won't they" stuff. Not to mention no more bland interchangeable civilian love interests for Bruce who wind up in the fridge, because DC would not have the balls to kill off or injure Selina. At least not permanently.
    I actually sometimes wish we would see Bruce date more civilians if only because it would actually give him something to do as Bruce Wayne .

They were married in earth 2 but... I donīt see the same here Working...

Catwoman would end as a heroine or as Selina Kyle... Goodbye to robbery..

I donīt see the Bruce Wayne of this universe married..

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    They were married in earth 2 but... I donīt see the same here Working...

Catwoman would end as a heroine or as Selina Kyle... Goodbye to robbery..

I donīt see the Bruce Wayne of this universe married..
    I could see Bruce either turning a blind eye or it becoming some sort of recurring joke where she steals and he firces her to give it back.

BANNED

USAToday have an article up on the cliffhanger

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...sal/102539296/

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

By using Selina and making me care about her again, King kind of proved why these characters should never marry. Their similarities and differences, their hot and cold, on and off, are what make them work. Catwoman has that wonderful air of ambiguity and mystery about her. Same with Bruce.

But what a setup for a story here, marriage or hopefully not. King has made it convincing enough. He didn't rush it. I think Morrison's Inc Catwoman story kind of helps set this up too as that was the last Catwoman story I really enjoyed and one that I thought really captured their relationship well, in a simple compelling way.

Can you imagine how Julie Madison might react? Talia?
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 06-06-2017 at 10:49 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

King really writes relationships well. Crushed my heart with his Wanda/Vision instalment of Vision. Captured every tumultuous moment of theirs like lightning in a bottle. I trust him with Bruce and Selina, even if it might go North later on, he'll give those moments real verisimilitude [yes, I'm quoting a Superman director's favorite word and applying it to Batman]]

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    By using Selina and making me care about her again, King kind of proved why these characters should never marry.
    Which means there should definitely be a marriage that occurs in the future.

Honestly, of all of the known heroes, Batman is one where divorce is not a story killer and actually fits.

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    I could see Bruce either turning a blind eye or it becoming some sort of recurring joke where she steals and he firces her to give it back.
    Batman is awful i a lot of ways but you can't have him turning a blind eye to crime. If he and Selina did settle down she has to become a good guy 100%
    Last edited by dietrich; 06-06-2017 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    Which means there should definitely be a marriage that occurs in the future.

Honestly, of all of the known heroes, Batman is one where divorce is not a story killer and actually fits.
    Why would one want a Superhero divorce Story?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Why would one want a Superhero divorce Story?
    When you do it with Green Arrow, you get Cry for Justice
    When you do it with Spider-Man, you get One More Day
    Even when you do it in an elseworld with Superman, you get Act of God

It's never any good.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    When you do it with Green Arrow, you get Cry for Justice
    When you do it with Spider-Man, you get One More Day
    Even when you do it in an elseworld with Superman, you get Act of God

It's never any good.
    Exactly I'm also one of those that maintains that Bats shouldn't settle down. We don't need a marriage for the sake of it.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I actually sometimes wish we would see Bruce date more civilians if only because it would actually give him something to do as Bruce Wayne .
    I'll never understand why DC basically dropped the 'billionaire playboy' routine (at least on panel).

I've always thought there's a lot of fun to be had with that concept.

BANNED

So in the USA preview..

spoilers:
    There's actually a pay-off to Bruce recollecting how Selina and him first met in the Golden Age...he bought the diamond Selina stole, which is what he uses in proposing
    end of spoilers

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    I'll never understand why DC basically dropped the 'billionaire playboy' routine (at least on panel).

I've always thought there's a lot of fun to be had with that concept.
    Yes, DC has oddly dropped it and undertold it. Morrison's run early on (before Final Crisis) was the last time I really felt it given proper attention in a quality way.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”