Quote Originally Posted by kgaard View Post
Another striker to back up Kane is probably among Spurs' biggest needs, but I'd also like to see another CB to rotate with Vertonghen and Alderweireld, who are both getting up in years, especially considering the burdens of Europe. Another winger would be nice if not absolutely necessary.

Certainly the earlier part of last season hurt, giving up too many draws (several in the early period when Kane was hurt). But it is worth remembering that they finished with 86 points, which is really good! Enough to win the league in some seasons. A fast start at Wembley does feel crucial, proving that they can win there, make it their home (if temporarily), and be genuine contenders for the title. I expect resurgent Manchester clubs, so it won't be easy regardless.

Meanwhile, in MLS, I've been a season ticket holder at Red Bulls for 7 years now. It's clear the team misses Dax McCarty, but the "good" thing about MLS is that the regular season is less important--if Tyler Adams can round into the player he's expected to be, and if they can add a CB and speed on the wings in the transfer window, we may have a shot in November.
I honestly thought that Dax had retired.