Page 46 of 146 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Yeah, it's always good for team morale and a chance to get back on the Winning trail after a loss even if the opposition is not quite on the same level. It's hard to get that excited about the Europa League until the quarter or semifinals but a European trophy is still a trophy and like Man U showed last season, winning it can lead to a chance to qualify for the Champions League which we could miss out on if it depended on us finishing in the top 4 this season. Man City and Man U look nailed on to finish in the top 4 leaving the Gunners fighting with Chelsea, Liverpool and Spurs for the remaining 2 places.

A question for you, John and other Liverpool supporters here. If you had to make the choice, would you rather win the PL game against Everton on Sunday or the FA Cup tie against them next month? Unfair question I know as I'm sure you want to win both but say you could pick only one?

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Yeah, it's always good for team morale and a chance to get back on the Winning trail after a loss even if the opposition is not quite on the same level. It's hard to get that excited about the Europa League until the quarter or semifinals but a European trophy is still a trophy and like Man U showed last season, winning it can lead to a chance to qualify for the Champions League which we could miss out on if it depended on us finishing in the top 4 this season. Man City and Man U look nailed on to finish in the top 4 leaving the Gunners fighting with Chelsea, Liverpool and Spurs for the remaining 2 places.

A question for you, John and other Liverpool supporters here. If you had to make the choice, would you rather win the PL game against Everton on Sunday or the FA Cup tie against them next month? Unfair question I know as I'm sure you want to win both but say you could pick only one?
    I have a sneaking suspicion that Spurs will miss out this year, they're already 4 points behind Liverpool who're 4th and they do seem weaker compared to last year so I think you and Chelsea will fighting for that final place alongside us and the Manchester teams (well, of course I reckon Liverpool will be in Champions League spot LOL)

As for the derby matches, I want Liverpool to win every single game. However, if I was forced to choose I'd say the F.A. Cup as we can't afford to lose any games in that competition and it has been 11 years since we last won it so it'd be nice to win that. The PL one, well losing a derby doesn't necessarily effect Liverpool's chances of qualifying for CL or winning PL or anything so we could theoretically afford to lose that one match.

BANNED

id like for Liverpool to win the FA, I know (big picture) its not the most important trophy out there, but I feel it would be nice for that to be Jurgens first bit of silverware as manager of the team

BTW Ken, I've been meaning to mention. I've no idea if you follow the Ladies teams but our respective Ladies teams are playing against each other tomorrow apparently so we're going to be rivals for this weekend LOL.

BANNED

I follow the LFC ladies on social media, honestly surprised the womens game doesn't have a big support platform in England

or am I missing something

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    I follow the LFC ladies on social media, honestly surprised the womens game doesn't have a big support platform in England

or am I missing something
    From what I can tell, you haven't missed something. Although they do now have a highlights programme for the Super League 1 matches they don't get anywhere near the coverage that the men do over here. Ironically, your Country's media (from the outside looking in of course so I'm probably wrong) appears to support their Women's teams more than our media do.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    BTW Ken, I've been meaning to mention. I've no idea if you follow the Ladies teams but our respective Ladies teams are playing against each other tomorrow apparently so we're going to be rivals for this weekend LOL.
    I can’t say that I really follow the Ladies game John,apart from watching the Ladies FA Cup final every year on TV and when they show the England Ladies internationals. Still with the way that the results that the Arsenal men’s team have been getting against Liverpool in the last couple of seasons, any Arsenal victory over Liverpool, whether it be the Men or Ladies team, is always welcomed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    From what I can tell, you haven't missed something. Although they do now have a highlights programme for the Super League 1 matches they don't get anywhere near the coverage that the men do over here. Ironically, your Country's media (from the outside looking in of course so I'm probably wrong) appears to support their Women's teams more than our media do.
    the NWSL has a growing support base, some teams do better than others but we're trying to grow the game on both sides

SWANSEA HAVE WON A GAME! I repeat...SWANSEA HAVE WON A GAME!!!!
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    I can’t say that I really follow the Ladies game John,apart from watching the Ladies FA Cup final every year on TV and when they show the England Ladies internationals. Still with the way that the results that the Arsenal men’s team have been getting against Liverpool in the last couple of seasons, any Arsenal victory over Liverpool, whether it be the Men or Ladies team, is always welcomed.
    Well, to be fair your Ladies team is doing better than the Liverpool Ladies at the moment so it wouldn't be a shock tbh based on the tables and everything. I try to keep up with the Women's game but it's just a matter of having the time,

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    the NWSL has a growing support base, some teams do better than others but we're trying to grow the game on both sides
    Some teams will always do better than others, nature of sports really LOL. But that's good to hear (well, read really) regarding the NWSL.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    SWANSEA HAVE WON A GAME! I repeat...SWANSEA HAVE WON A GAME!!!!
    LMAO. I love this reaction Fluffy. Mind you, it did cost me a bet (I had WBA down for an away win LOL)

Maybe I should bet against you more often?

My team didn't play today but my mate Len will be pleased as his team picked up three more points against Torquay today. 3-0 should please him LOL.

BANNED

West Ham get one over on Chelski

and the MLS Cup is this afternoon - Seattle vs Toronto

What's your prediction for Seattle v Toronto TheInvisibleMan?

And yeah, West Ham getting a win over Chelsea will help us out in terms of the Champions League spot big time. Just a shame Stoke couldn't get at least a point at Tottenham today LOL.

BANNED

game is in Toronto - temp is going to be about 40 degrees Fahrenheit / 4 Celsius

I want to say Seattle....buuuuut Toronto has been a grinding team this season

Toronto, but only slightly

I was hoping West Ham would lose today but you can't win them all. I'm over the moon we got 3 points today. Bony has scored in consecutive games, clean sheet, and it's put us in touching distance with the teams above us. I can watch MOTD tonight and actually enjoy it!
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Yeah, West Ham winning was a real coupon buster but Palace should have won their game right at the end with the penalty. They will be kicking themselves for missing that. Those 2 dropped points could prove to be vital at the end of the season.

Today my predictions are

Southampton 1 Arsenal 2
    Liverpool 3 Everton 2
    Man Utd 1 Man City 1