Page 4 of 146 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

United have signed Swede Centre Back Victor Lindelof from Benfica for 30 Mill.
    Seems like a good piece of business, i like Van Dijk but he does not cost more than 20 odd if we're being completely honest
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    but but

Van Dijk has informed Southampton that he wants to exit the club
    Wait and see I guess but it was shambolic how it all went down which is disappointing. At least it sounds like we're closer to finishing the Salah deal, hopefully he'll be a good signing.

Also, congrats to the England Under 20s side for winning the world cup. That'll be a boost for their confidence going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    At least it sounds like we're closer to finishing the Salah deal, hopefully he'll be a good signing.
    Do you think Salah will be a replacement for Coutinho though, rather than linking up with each other?
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

I've not heard anything recently regarding Coutinho. So at this point I'm assuming they'd be linking up together FluffySheep. Helps of course that we qualified for the Champions League Play-off (it'd be even better if we do manage to qualify for the Champions League proper of course). But anyhow, the last time I heard any rumours about Coutinho leaving was before the season finished when Neymar was saying that he'd like him at Barcelona. Haven't heard anything since so I'm assuming (well, hoping) he'll be wearing Blood Red next season.

What about Swansea? I haven't much from them except speculation about Sigurdsson joining Everton to replace Barkley.

I can't see Liverpool NOT getting through to the Champions League group stages. They shouldn't have any problems against the teams they'll be in the mix with in the play off.

Nothing exciting coming out of Swansea. It's frustrating how we leave doing any business til late in the summer. We either end up with rubbish or not getting anyone at all. Gomis is being linked to Galatasary and Gylfi to Everton. That's about it

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I can't see Liverpool NOT getting through to the Champions League group stages. They shouldn't have any problems against the teams they'll be in the mix with in the play off.

Nothing exciting coming out of Swansea. It's frustrating how we leave doing any business til late in the summer. We either end up with rubbish or not getting anyone at all. Gomis is being linked to Galatasary and Gylfi to Everton. That's about it
    Well, I hope the business that they do works out for you, no matter how long it takes them. As for Liverpool, I'm not going to get cocky especially since we don't know yet who Liverpool WILL be facing in the qualifier.

Well, I hope the business that they do works out for you, no matter how long it takes them. As for Liverpool, I'm not going to get cocky especially since we don't know yet who Liverpool WILL be facing in the qualifier.
    Looks like Swansea will be playing at Liverpool on Boxing Day, which is the furthest distance away fans will have to travel for a Premier League game that day. Useless bit of information there lol.

It's not that useless to be fair FluffySheep as due to the busy day I've had I haven't had a chance to check the fixture list just yet, I'll check it later. So, Boxing Day huh? Guess we'll have to try extra hard to be nice to each other at Christmas

BANNED

Chelsea on Thanksigiving weekend

Yeah that should be a good game for what Americans call Thanksgiving weekend. I've had the chance to glance the fixture lists now. Watford away will be an interesting start with them having a new manager (again) and with our new boys still being bedded in at that stage. Plus it's the opening day and crazy results happen every week in the Premier League LOL.

First game at home against Palace is a bit worrying given Benteke's record at Anfield (for other teams) but hopefully we'll do better this time. Then obviously the next two are big ones with Arsenal and Man City respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Do you think Salah will be a replacement for Coutinho though, rather than linking up with each other?
    I hope not..though Salah alone wont help them to win the title IMO
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    I hope not..though Salah alone wont help them to win the title IMO
    He wouldn't be, I agree. Then again I don't have any expectations as far as challenging for the League is concerned anyhow. Also, I'm a bit wary about us getting him since he didn't do well in the CL apparently last season and also the fact that if he does join Liverpool than we'd be his fifth club in five years.

IMO we need a goalkeeper (I just don't trust Mignolet when it comes to dealing with crosses, though he is miles better than Karius) and I'd like us to get a good centre-back and another striker as well as a natural left-back.

In other news the talk about Pickford joining Everton doesn't seem to be dying away.

He wouldn't be, I agree. Then again I don't have any expectations as far as challenging for the League is concerned anyhow. Also, I'm a bit wary about us getting him since he didn't do well in the CL apparently last season and also the fact that if he does join Liverpool than we'd be his fifth club in five years.

IMO we need a goalkeeper (I just don't trust Mignolet when it comes to dealing with crosses, though he is miles better than Karius) and I'd like us to get a good centre-back and another striker as well as a natural left-back.

In other news the talk about Pickford joining Everton doesn't seem to be dying away.
    Would you be happy with Joe Hart? I expect Man City will want rid of him so he could be an option. Liverpool could also do their annual raid on Southampton and go for Bertrand for left back too lol.

I would be actually. He seems to be pretty solid when it comes to dealing with crosses and he's a good shot-stopper so I'd be happy with him personally FluffySheep. Having said that of course, there's no way City would allow us to buy him. I've heard rumours about Bertrand but they seem to be up-and-down rumour wise. I don't really expect us to get him though especially after the Van Dijk fiasco.

I would be actually. He seems to be pretty solid when it comes to dealing with crosses and he's a good shot-stopper so I'd be happy with him personally FluffySheep. Having said that of course, there's no way City would allow us to buy him. I've heard rumours about Bertrand but they seem to be up-and-down rumour wise. I don't really expect us to get him though especially after the Van Dijk fiasco.
    Yeah that's true. You never know though, City might be desperate enough to get rid of him to a rival if no one else is interested.

Still nothing from Swansea regarding transfers. Obviously all on their holidays. By the time they get back, we'll be too late. Same every summer.