Page 138 of 146 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 2177

De Ligt should avoid PSG in my opinion. He needs to move to one of the bigger leagues. Money talks though I suppose.

Wonder who Tranmere will replace Norwood with? His goals will be pretty difficult to replace.

I've just been watching Sweden v Chile in the Women's World Cup and the game has had to have a break because of a storm. Been a while since I've seen that happen.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

I'm now watching USA v Thailand. This is women against girls.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    ...Ooof. I was watching Years and Years, so I missed it...13-0? Eeek. That is...bad?

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    ...Ooof. I was watching Years and Years, so I missed it...13-0? Eeek. That is...bad?
    And, as expected, people are having a dialogue about whether or not the US women overdid it against Thailand.

Honestly, why don't we have these conversations during Euro qualifiers whenever a big nation plays San Marino, the worst team in the world? That team is filled with scrubs who work day jobs elsewhere, and it's obvious that the team will never compete on any sort of level whatsoever, and yet they're allowed to compete.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

De Ligt should avoid PSG in my opinion. He needs to move to one of the bigger leagues. Money talks though I suppose.

Wonder who Tranmere will replace Norwood with? His goals will be pretty difficult to replace.

I've just been watching Sweden v Chile in the Women's World Cup and the game has had to have a break because of a storm. Been a while since I've seen that happen.
    Yeah, I think they'll have to sign a striker because I don't think they've got anyone in their current team who can replace him with even half of the goals he scored last year. Stockton hasn't been the same since he's come back according to Len either. So it'll be interesting to see how they get on in front of goal this season. As for De Ligt, I think PSG need him more than he needs them in all honesty from what I've seen in Europe.

It is. But my wife is a bit annoyed since we can only watch it on their red button thing instead of tele the digital service went off at 5-0 and we couldn't get it back on all night so she missed the match so to say she was disappointed about not seeing her Country get a 13-0 win is a bit of an understatement.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    And, as expected, people are having a dialogue about whether or not the US women overdid it against Thailand.

Honestly, why don't we have these conversations during Euro qualifiers whenever a big nation plays San Marino, the worst team in the world? That team is filled with scrubs who work day jobs elsewhere, and it's obvious that the team will never compete on any sort of level whatsoever, and yet they're allowed to compete.
    They do have those conversations on the forums I've been on. And please don't refer to San Marino as ''scrubs'' that's just disrespectful.

I forgot to mention earlier but Frank Lampard has apparently held talks with Chelsea regarding the vacancy there.

I've yet to see it but I know that Nigeria have beaten South Korea 2-0, so South Korea are all but out of the competition now. Germany have won 1-0 again, this time against Spain so they're through to the knockout phase of the competition. France v Norway is on in twenty minutes, I've got a feeling that Norway might win that one. Don't know why just a gut feeling but we'll soon find out. Other than that Northern Ireland beat Belarus 1-0 yesterday in their men's qualifier for the euros, Scotland, as expected, got beat 3-0 by Belgium, Wales lost 1-0 at Hungary (sorry Fluffy) and that's pretty much it for the ''Home Nations'' LOL.

Just some more transfer gossip and than I'm done for the day here LOL.

According to the Mirror, Zidane has won an argument with Florentino Perez and is going to try and bring in Paul Pogba over Christian Eriksen.
    After Northern Ireland's 1-0 win in Belarus yesterday, Aaron Davies has announced his retirement from football, and not just international football either.
    According to reports in Italy, AC Milan are interested in signing Liverpool's Dejan Lovren
    Bayern Leverkusen are keen on a deal for Fulham's Aleksandar Mitrovic according to the Sport Bild
    Luka Jovic has undergone his medical at Real Madrid
    Cole Stockton is another striker leaving Tranmere, in his case he's staying in League Two by moving to Morecambe on a one-year deal, he had been there previously on loan back in the 2016-17 season
    Partick Thistle have confirmed that goalkeeper Cammy Bell has left the club by mutual consent
    PSG are targeting AC Milan's Gigi Donnarumma to replace Gianlugi Buffon as their new number one goalkeeper next season
    According to sport, Manchester United have contacted Barcelona about Ivan Rakitic though apparently he's really happy there and it'd take a ''significant offer'' to lure him away from Spain
    Daniel James' transfer from Swansea to Manchester United has been completed
    Benfica's Joao Felix is interested in a move to Atletico Madrid according to AS
    Gianlugi Buffon could be on his way to Porto to replace Iker Casillas following Iker's recent heart attack accorting to Tuttosport
    Arjen Robben is a free agent now and has emerged as a target for Lazio according to II Tempo
    Tottenham are getting closer to signing Tanguy Ndombele from Lyon according to Sky in Italy
    Celtic have agreed a fee with Motherwell for David Turnbull, believed to be 3m with 250,000 add-ons
    According to Sky Sports News, Celtic have also approached Bolton in regards to 18-year old Luka Connell
    Real Madrid have agreed a deal to sign Ferland Mendy

And that's all I've got folks LOL.

Extraordinary Member

Eeek just a heads up, scrubs in the UK is a very derogative term against people perceived to be lower-class!

San Marino are allowed to complete because they want to. Sure, they are pretty poor and weak, but they turn up and give it their all. The discussion here is because this is the largest world cup result across both genders.

Every country has the right to have a team to go through the qualifiers for a competition though, and using San Marino as an example, all of their players will see it as an honour to represent their country, even if they're going out on the pitch knowing they'll probably get battered every time. For some of those players, playing in a huge stadium in an international game is probably the biggest achievement they'll get in their football careers.

Besides, since San Marino have had a national football team, they've won the same amount of trophies as England lol.

Every country has the right to have a team to go through the qualifiers for a competition though, and using San Marino as an example, all of their players will see it as an honour to represent their country, even if they're going out on the pitch knowing they'll probably get battered every time. For some of those players, playing in a huge stadium in an international game is probably the biggest achievement they'll get in their football careers.

Besides, since San Marino have had a national football team, they've won the same amount of trophies as England lol.
    And Wales

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    And Wales
    Less expectation on Wales though lol. Speaking of Wales, Giggs is ruining us.

Less expectation on Wales though lol. Speaking of Wales, Giggs is ruining us.
    Not quite the ''messiah'' that the media made him out to be then?

At least you have a decent Rugby team, Fluffy.

BTW, into stoppage time between France and Norway, France are winning 2-1 but they're having to defend a corner but it looks like unless there's a dramatic finish to the game that my ''hunch'' about Norway winning tonight was wrong LOL. And just as I was about to ''send'' this post the full-time whistle goes and France have indeed beaten Norway 2-1 and are through to the knock-out stages with a game to spare. Whereas Norway will be battling it out with Nigeria to go through alongside France.

Not quite the ''messiah'' that the media made him out to be then?

At least you have a decent Rugby team, Fluffy.
    Yeah I wasn't happy with Giggs when Wales appointed him. I'm glad he never got the Swansea job. He's slowly dismantling what Gary Speed set up and what Chris Coleman built on.

I'm going to watch Wales v Ireland in August in Cardiff for a Rugby World Cup warm up game. It'll be my first international rugby game, so can't wait.

BTW, into stoppage time between France and Norway, France are winning 2-1 but they're having to defend a corner but it looks like unless there's a dramatic finish to the game that my ''hunch'' about Norway winning tonight was wrong LOL. And just as I was about to ''send'' this post the full-time whistle goes and France have indeed beaten Norway 2-1 and are through to the knock-out stages with a game to spare. Whereas Norway will be battling it out with Nigeria to go through alongside France.
    I'm still hooeful Norway will go through. I lived in Norway when I was younger, so I've always got a soft spot for them. They were good in their opening game too. France look like they could go pretty far in the competition though. It'll be interesting to see how they do against another good team like the US.

I hope you enjoy your first Rugby game, Fluffy. Went to one about ten years ago, it was St Helens v Wigan and I had a lot of fun, so hope it's a good experience for you in August.

As for France, yeah they're looking good at the minute. If I had to stick my neck out I'd say Norway will go through but I can see it being REALLY close between them and Nigeria. BTW, the player I've been most impressed with thus far from the games I've seen is Leike Martens from the Netherlands, apart from her shooting being a bit off (apparently she has scored 42 times for her country so far) she was impressive IMO in their opening game.

So I guess my question is - which player/s have you been impressed with the most from this World Cup so far?