Page 141 of 146 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 2177

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Soccer Aid as ever is great fun.
    I only saw about half an hour of it. Sunday evenings tend to be the busiest night of the week for me, so I get less TV time lol.

I'm currently watching the Brazil v Italy game. I enjoyed the Norway game last night.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I only saw about half an hour of it. Sunday evenings tend to be the busiest night of the week for me, so I get less TV time lol.

I'm currently watching the Brazil v Italy game. I enjoyed the Norway game last night.
    I keep missing WC games due to work, but I am looking forward to watching England play Japan tomorrow. I am also happy that Jamaica have put up a good showing.

I keep missing WC games due to work, but I am looking forward to watching England play Japan tomorrow. I am also happy that Jamaica have put up a good showing.
    Work has prevented me from seeing as many games this week too. I might watch the Scotland v Argentina game tomorrow because they could both progress with a win, so I'm hoping it'll be an entertaining game.

I just watched Scotland v Argentina. Up the wall that game was. Ref gave a pen in the last minute, and despite staring at the screen for ages, still called it wrong in my opinion. Then the Scotland keeper saved it, but the ref booked her for barely leaving her line. Pen got retaken, scored. Finished 3-3, so Scotland are out. I'm fuming. They should never have let a 3-0 goal lead slip to 3-2 in the first place, but the penalty completely ruined it.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I've heard about the Scotland game from a colleague who called me this morning, she was fuming as well. Not been able to watch any of the WC games this week due to the stuff I've had to do here in Manchester but I do know that England have finished on top of the group after beating Japan 2-0 and I do know USA qualified so my wife will be pleased with that at least.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    I've heard about the Scotland game from a colleague who called me this morning, she was fuming as well. Not been able to watch any of the WC games this week due to the stuff I've had to do here in Manchester but I do know that England have finished on top of the group after beating Japan 2-0 and I do know USA qualified so my wife will be pleased with that at least.
    The US played Sweden tonight, so it'll be the first time they've been tested by a half decent team. I'm looking forward to that game. I'm also planning on watching Netherlands v Canada if I can get home from work early enough.

The fixtures for the football league came out tonight. Swansea are at home to Hull on the opening day. I'm so annoyed that most of the away games I fancied this season are not at 3pm on a Saturday. They're either Tuesday evenings, Friday evenings, Boxing Day etc. Really frustrating. The only bonus is that we're away at West Brom and Stoke on Saturday's at 3pm, so hopefully they don't get moved so I can go to those.
    Last edited by FluffySheep; 06-21-2019 at 01:44 AM.

Speaking of Swansea, Fluffy, have you appointed a new manager yet?

Yeah Steve Cooper, the England Under 17 coach. I'm pretty pleased really. Still no money for him to spend, so it looks like youth and loans for us this season. Feels like another year of building, so a top 10 finish would be an impressive season.

Ah, I see. Well hopefully you'll do well, or at least reasonably well LOL. this season. Decent opener potentially against Hull City at least.

Extraordinary Member

Aidy Boothroyd has made a team with James Maddison, Wan Bissaka, Calvert Lewin and so many more look like complete amateurs. What a mistake it was to appoint him as U21 manager.

Extraordinary Member

Cameroon women (excuse my poor use of grammar) were vile in their conduct.

Cameroon women (excuse my poor use of grammar) were vile in their conduct.
    Yeah that game was unbelievable. I don't understand why they kept pointing at the screen and complaining to the ref. The decisions were correct and were on the screen, so how could they argue against the decision? Mad.

France v Brazil was a decent game. I'm glad France went through. It's always better when the host goes far into the competition.

I'm really pleased Norway are through as well. England will seriously need to up their game against them.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Yeah that game was unbelievable. I don't understand why they kept pointing at the screen and complaining to the ref. The decisions were correct and were on the screen, so how could they argue against the decision? Mad.

France v Brazil was a decent game. I'm glad France went through. It's always better when the host goes far into the competition.

I'm really pleased Norway are through as well. England will seriously need to up their game against them.
    No idea. Ref should have sent them off.

Surprised to see Brazil go out so early. Marta is a superb player, but fair play to France.

Extraordinary Member

Breaking news:

We are signing players.

Breaking news:

We are signing players.
    So are Swansea!!

Swansea City have signed defender Jake Bidwell following his exit from Queens Park Rangers.
    The 26-year-old free agent is the first signing under new Swans manager Steve Cooper and has signed a three-year deal.
    Bidwell was not offered new terms by QPR when his contract ended in June.
    A former Everton trainee, Bidwell joined QPR from Brentford in 2016 and went on to make 130 appearances for them, including 45 last season.