Page 115 of 146 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 2177
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Sad news for Rangers fans as they got knocked out of the Europa League last night after losing 1-0 at Rapid Vienna.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Sad news for Rangers fans as they got knocked out of the Europa League last night after losing 1-0 at Rapid Vienna.
    I was backing them. Was hoping they would make it.

They looked good after four games but, well, obviously things didn't pan out. Ah well, could've done worse I suppose.

Speaking of results, Spurs left it late but won 1-0 thanks to Eriksen. I was kinda hoping Burnley would hold out since it would've given us more breathing space from Spurs but never mind. More disappointed that Everton lost 3-1 to City as we're no longer top of the league LOL. My mate Len will be gutted today as his team, Tranmere, lost 3-2 today against Notts County who are currently in the bottom two of the division.

Sol Campbell got his first win as Manager of Macclesfield. I think Macclesfield are his first club as Manager as well so he'll be pleased I bet with a 2-0 win at Home. Especially since they're currently bottom of the league.

Oh yes, before I forget. Swansea came back from behind to get another win. 2-1 against Sheffield Wednesday.

Erm...Anyone else got any scorelines they want to mention for today's games?

Erm...Anyone else got any scorelines they want to mention for today's games?
    I'll keep banging the drum for Stafford Rangers lol. I didn't go today because the weather was shocking and I ended up with some shopping to do. So I missed the opening of the newly rebuilt "Shed End" AND missed Stafford Rangers win 4-1 in the local derby with Hednesford, nicknamed "El Staffico". I reckon I jinx the games because I rarely see them win. The day I intend to go but don't, they win comfortably.

Also, Swansea won, Wolves won and Cardiff lost. It's been a good day lol.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Someone has to bang their drum, FluffySheep and it's on topic as well to be fair.

LOL Typical, they get a cracking result when you're not there! Ah well, at least they've got a victory and a local derby one at that.

I did mention Swansea but you're right about Wolves and Cardiff LOL. Was a good day for you results wise wasn't it?

Oh, I did forget to mention Newcastle's 1-0 win over Huddersfield, I still have a soft spot for Rafa so I'm pleased for him.

Meanwhile, my Liverpool team are drawing 1-1 against United as we speak, Mane opened the scoring but we let them equalise nine minutes later through Jesse Lingard. Hopefully we can get at least a second between now and full-time to go back on top of the league.

Extraordinary Member

We got a last minute winner against Burnley woo. I keep watching the goal and I don't know how Eriksen wrapped it so nicely.

Still 1-1 at Anfield with twenty minutes to go, Shaqiri has just come on for Keita so hopefully he can work his magic for us to find that second goal that we need if we are to go back to the top of the league. Also, apparently all ten of our outfield players who started the game has had an attempt at goal LOL.

And good news for DebkoX, Arsenal lost 3-2 at Southampton. First loss in...23? games I believe as well. Could have done with Brighton getting something against Chelsea but Chelsea won 2-1 at their place.

SHAQIRI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's only been on for like three minutes

Just need to hang on now...Or ideally get a third to seal it.

Also, I've just checked the goalscorers in the Southampton and Arsenal game and Danny Ings got two goals so I'm pleased for him as I'd like him to do well. Also, Mkhitaryan scored twice for Arsenal, a player that Mourinho let go as part of a swap deal for Sanchez...

3-1.

Shaqiri again. And to think I had my doubts about him

It's over, we've won 3-1. First time we've beaten United at Anfield since 2013 with Shaqiri being the first Liverpool since Dirk Kuyt in March 2011 to score more than once for Liverpool against United who have made their worst start to a Premier League season. Little bit happy about it as you might imagine Can't believe we're 19 points clear of United though, still mustn't brag too much as it'll bite me on the ass otherwise LOL. Still, it's a good result.

One last thing before I go, Shaqiri is also the first Liverpool player to score at least twice in his first match against United for Liverpool since Nigel Clough in December 1994.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

It's over, we've won 3-1. First time we've beaten United at Anfield since 2013 with Shaqiri being the first Liverpool since Dirk Kuyt in March 2011 to score more than once for Liverpool against United who have made their worst start to a Premier League season. Little bit happy about it as you might imagine Can't believe we're 19 points clear of United though, still mustn't brag too much as it'll bite me on the ass otherwise LOL. Still, it's a good result.

One last thing before I go, Shaqiri is also the first Liverpool player to score at least twice in his first match against United for Liverpool since Nigel Clough in December 1994.
    All the post match talk (at least on NBCSN here in the States) was about how Jose Mourinho DNP’d (Did Not Play) Paul Pogba. Is that marriage unsalvagable? Who gets shown the door first, Pogba or Jose?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Personally I feel that Pogba has the same attitude problem that Balotelli has, more talented than Balotelli but still... Having said that, Jose is in his third season now and they haven't exactly progressed under him so...I'd say both should go if I were speaking as a United fan. But that's just me. I wish WillieMorgan still posted here as I'd love to know what he'd say to your question WestPhillyPunisher.

I will say though that United's biggest problem does seem to be that they don't seem to have any real leaders on the pitch like Liverpool has with Van Dijk for example, man has Van Dijk made a difference to Liverpool since he's arrived.

Fair play to Liverpool. These are the sort of games that can cost a team the title but today they pushed through it and won. Christmas is always a test but hopefully they're still top come late January.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    All the post match talk (at least on NBCSN here in the States) was about how Jose Mourinho DNP’d (Did Not Play) Paul Pogba. Is that marriage unsalvagable? Who gets shown the door first, Pogba or Jose?
    I don't think it's salvagable now. Player power usually wins, and with Mourinho constantly being negative (in terms of tactics as well as his personality), it's hard to see him still being there next season. Regarding Pogba, I'd expect that if Barca or PSG come calling, he'll be off. I think if Man Utd replace Mourinho with Zidane, they MAY be able to hang on to Pogba and get the best out of him.

Well the Champions League draw has just been completed. Here it is...

Schalke v Man City
    Atletico Madrid v Juventus
    Man Utd v PSG
    Tottenham v Borussia Dortmund
    Lyon v Barcelona
    Roma v Porto
    Ajax v Real Madrid
    Liverpool v Bayern Munich

What do you make of that John and DebkoX? Dortmund are flying and even though Bayern aren't doing that well this season, they're always good in Europe. Both winnable ties for Liverpool and Spurs though.
    Last edited by FluffySheep; 12-17-2018 at 06:32 AM.