Page 139 of 146 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 2177

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    I hope you enjoy your first Rugby game, Fluffy. Went to one about ten years ago, it was St Helens v Wigan and I had a lot of fun, so hope it's a good experience for you in August.

As for France, yeah they're looking good at the minute. If I had to stick my neck out I'd say Norway will go through but I can see it being REALLY close between them and Nigeria. BTW, the player I've been most impressed with thus far from the games I've seen is Leike Martens from the Netherlands, apart from her shooting being a bit off (apparently she has scored 42 times for her country so far) she was impressive IMO in their opening game.

So I guess my question is - which player/s have you been impressed with the most from this World Cup so far?
    I think a fair bit of the shooting has been off throughout the tournament really. I haven't really picked any individuals out. It's just the overall team performance's that have stood out for me. Of the games I've watched, France, Norway, Brazil, Australia(still annoyed they lost), Sweden, USA, Canada and Netherlands have looked the best. England will really have to up their game to compete with that lot.

Australia v Brazil tomorrow should be a good game.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Less expectation on Wales though lol. Speaking of Wales, Giggs is ruining us.
    Still baffles me how Coleman left the job, failed at Sunderland, and then bopped off to China. Odd decision.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Still baffles me how Coleman left the job, failed at Sunderland, and then bopped off to China. Odd decision.
    Yeah, who knows where he'll end up next. It took him a while to get going with Wales. Giggs actually has a better record after the same amount of games, so hopefully results will keep improving under Giggs. I still don't like him though lol.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    And, as expected, people are having a dialogue about whether or not the US women overdid it against Thailand.
    Yeah, it was like Auburn or Georgia lighting up a Division II cupcake in an early season scrum. The US women have been catching hell from all quarters for what people perceived as excessive celebrations, perhaps it was a bit much, but I had no problem with it. Now, if it had been the US men's team that obliterated a lower ranked squad by the same score, there wouldn't have been all this faux outrage....oh, yeah, the men didn't make the World Cup. My bad!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Yeah, who knows where he'll end up next. It took him a while to get going with Wales. Giggs actually has a better record after the same amount of games, so hopefully results will keep improving under Giggs. I still don't like him though lol.
    It is hard to like Giggs.

In transfer news, Levy is again being a tight wad and trying to get Ndombele on the cheap.

Extraordinary Member

I hope you enjoy your first Rugby game, Fluffy. Went to one about ten years ago, it was St Helens v Wigan and I had a lot of fun, so hope it's a good experience for you in August.

As for France, yeah they're looking good at the minute. If I had to stick my neck out I'd say Norway will go through but I can see it being REALLY close between them and Nigeria. BTW, the player I've been most impressed with thus far from the games I've seen is Leike Martens from the Netherlands, apart from her shooting being a bit off (apparently she has scored 42 times for her country so far) she was impressive IMO in their opening game.

So I guess my question is - which player/s have you been impressed with the most from this World Cup so far?
    I'd go for Henry for France, no.6, and Clemaron.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Double post, my bad lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I'd go for Henry for France, no.6, and Clemaron.
    I forgot to mention Jamaica's goalkeeper, Schneider. She impressed me against Brazil.

Well, well. I must admit I didn't fancy Australia's chances against Brazil but they've proven me wrong with a 3-2 win. Great result that leaves that group wide open. AND they were 2-0 down at one point as well.

Latest transfer gossip that I have is as follows

- According to the S*n, Manchester United are going to try and ''hijack'' Antoine Griezmann's move to Barcelona by coming in for him at the eleventh hour. They're apparently looking to capitalise on Barcelona's delay and are willing to offer 95m for him.
    - Bradford City have made their fifth signing of the summer, Jackson Longridge. He's a defender.
    - Chelsea apparently won't be taking up their option to sign Kovacis this summer. Inter have been linked with him instead.
    - Slavan Bilic is officially the new West Brom manager, signing on a 2-year deal.
    - Southampton have signed Moussa Djenepo from Standard Liege in a deal that apparently could go up to 15m with the add-ons.
    - According to Eurosport, Liverpool are considering reviving their interest in Nabil Fekir but only willing to offer 26.7m this year compared to 44m last year.
    - Aston Villa have signed Wesley Moraes on a 2-year deal, he's 22, Brazilian and is joining from Club Brugge.
    - Talks between Arsenal and St Etienne are said to be at a ''advanced stage for 18-year old defender William Saliba for 27m, Arsenal intend to send him straight back there on loan for next season should they be successful according to the report.
    - Leeds United midfielder Kalvin Phillips is apparently high on Aston Villa's target list, with Leeds wanting 14m for him.
    - According to the Independent, Arsenal are closing on signing German goalkeeper Markus Schubert who is available for free from Dynamo Dresden.
    - According to Corriere Della Sera, Arsenal and Spurs are going head-to-head for Lazio goalkeeper Thomas Strakosha with Lazio wanting 26m for him.
    - Lazio are apparently about to launch a surprise double swoop for Newcastle's Jamaal Lascelles and Arsenal's Calum Chambers
    - Juve chief apparently in London for Paul Pogba.
    - Rangers have completed the signing of striker Greg Stewart, possible hint that Morelos IS leaving in the Summer? Either way he's a free transfer from Birmingham.
    - Palace want 50m for Wan-Bissaka from Man Utd.

And...that's all I've got as far as transfer gossip is concerned today guys LOL.

Back to the Women's World Cup and South Korea are playing China, does anyone have a pick for this one? I'm going to go with China for this one.

Back to the Women's World Cup and South Korea are playing China, does anyone have a pick for this one? I'm going to go with China for this one.
    China is up 1-0 late in the first half. I’m gonna roll with South Korea to win.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    China is up 1-0 late in the first half. I’m gonna roll with South Korea to win.
    Just to be different from me eh?

Nah, I'm just kidding. It's a close game at least for now.

Just to be different from me eh?

Nah, I'm just kidding. It's a close game at least for now.
    By the by, that’s South Africa. And that one goal for China is still standing as the 80th minute is near.

I watched Australia v Brazil earlier. Great game. So pleased Australia pulled it back. Haven't seen much of this China v South Africa game though.